Full Job Description
Berkshire Residential Investments is a vertically integrated residential real estate investment and property management company with over 50 years of experience. Berkshire aspires to improve lives through expert capital stewardship and exceptional living experiences.
Berkshire invests in affordable, middle-income, market rate and luxury apartments as well as senior housing, active adult housing, student housing, and residential asset-backed debt, based on specified investment strategies, and creates unparalleled living experiences for our residents.
We are searching for a Research Intern who is a self-starter, assertive, confident, and enthusiastic in our Boston, MA headquarters. Under the general direction of the Senior Vice President, Head of Research, the Research Intern will support the Research Department for the Berkshire.
This internship is excellent for a student who is currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Economics, Econometrics/Statistics, or Data Science with an anticipated graduation date in 2022 or 2023 and a GPA of at least 3.0. This internship will be a project based internship, with selected rotation within the Research discipline.
Prepare and present final project to Portfolio Management Team, examples include:
- Assist the Research team in developing market analysis tools, reports, and dashboards
The Company may revise this job description from time to time as business needs require. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all the functions of the job, nor is to limit the Company right to assign other functions to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Project to be completed:
- Anticipated graduation date in 2022 or 2023 with a Bachelors degree in Economics, Econometrics/Statistics, or Data Science with a GPA of at least 3.0
- Available to work from mid-May to mid-August (approx. 12 weeks) from 8:45 am-5:30 pm, Monday through Friday
- High proficiency with Excel, working knowledge of programming languages such as R or statistical packages such as Stata, coursework in statistical analysis and modeling, basic familiarity with software such as Tableau or Alteryx is a plus
- Ability to prioritize based in opportunity and effectively multitask
- Open and comfortable with taking authority and direction from others
- Processes advanced skills with Microsoft Suite; Word, Excel and Power Point
- Proven ability to work with Excel models
- Proven ability to process financial statements
- Detail oriented
- Proven ability to work with a variety of people and develop strong relationships
- Treat highly confidential information with utmost integrity
- Is professional and reflective
Market Analysis Dashboard
Bachelors or better in Economics
Analytical Concept Thinkg
Works well as a member of a group
Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Inspired to perform without outside help
Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business