Workplace21, Inc. is an AI-powered Human platform.
We believe competence with integrity should guide the workplace and shape the future of work. So we use AI, psychologists and cognitive behavior experts to develop a series of digital solutions that will eliminate bias in the workplace.
Our first application is innovating by helping teams to perform better faster. This application is called > TEAMS.
We are a small team of highly accountable individuals spread out in the world with a passion for making the workplace better for all of us. We work hard and freely, collaborate intensively and keep the focus on getting things done effectively for the benefit of our customers.
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer to take our existing prototype into market-ready status. The job is a contract-based agreement for a developer to work approximately 20-40 hours a week, with potential for full-time hire in the future. The product is at roughly 75% of where we want it to be, and you would have at least 3-6 months of development work to get the product ready.
Your primary focus will be development of the server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements that will be provided to you. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integration of data storage solutions. We use pgAdmin to connect to server on AWS.
- Integration of user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help improve and maintain existing code quality, organization and automation
- Provide regular updates on your progress to a Product Manager
- We intend to offer flexibility of working remotely, however, this job requires heavy collaboration with the team so working out of the office most of the time will be expected.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Proficient and professional understanding of English
- A track record with Ruby on Rails, preferably with a portfolio to see your work
- Excellent understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schema that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Bitbucket or Github
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Engineering, OR equivalent work experience
- Master’s in Computer Science
- Familiarity with building chat bots, particularly with Dialogflow
- Experience working with small startups
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $40.00 to $80.00 /hour
- Front end development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Github: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ruby on Rails: 2 years (Required)
- AWS: 2 years (Preferred)