Atterro Workforce Solutions offers this exciting contract opportunity at a global leader in electronics, mobile devices and appliances located in Ridgefield Park, NJ.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- The Shopper Insights Manager delivers deep learning on Shoppers’ purchase behavior, expectations and preferences to enhance the company’s strategies and tactics at Retail for Consumer Electronics – encompassing Home Electronics (TVs, audio) and Home Appliances (Refrigerators, Cooking, Laundry).
- He/she develops actionable insights across Shoppers’ Purchase Journey, to improve and influence in-store and online initiatives for the company and its major customers before, during and after the sale.
- This role reports to the Senior Manager, Shopper Insights
- Deliver Shopper Insights research for assigned product lines, with oversight by Shopper Insights Senior Manager, based on learning priorities established with Retail, Product, Demand Gen/Marketing teams (key stakeholders)
- Deliver Brand related Tactical learnings to improve ROI, e.g., Launch planning and post analysis, testing merchandising, POP & promotion concepts, mystery shopping
- Support Senior Manager in Strategic projects, e.g., Path to Purchase, Retail design
- Partner closely with Consumer Insights lead for product lines in learning development
- Support priority Customer teams and deliver deep understanding of their shopper and how they shop/buy Consumer Electronics, adjacent categories, and brands and provide recommendations for mutual company & customer growth. Priority Retail customers include:
- Mass Merchandisers: Best Buy, Walmart
- Home Improvement: Home Depot, Lowe’s
- Club: Costco, Sam’s
- Ecommerce: Amazon.com
- Support cross functional & Global learning agenda through close collaboration with Insights colleagues to facilitate shared learning and cross-fertilization of ideas and knowledge.
- Conduct research, both Primary and leverage Secondary to provide actionable insights. Independently manage most research, with support and guidance from manager on more complex studies:
- Primary: conduct qualitative and quantitative pre-, post- and in-store/online research to understand and predict shopper behavior, purchase motivation and identify category / channel / Retailer marketing opportunities
- Secondary: Gather and analyze secondary data sources to address business issues as well as provide macro learning and thought leadership
- Manage full scope of Research Projects, including:
- Deeply understand business issues and questions to address. Develop comprehensive research brief, that includes the overall business objectives, learning areas, and action standards, with stakeholder buy-in
- Determine and recommend best research methodology to address business questions
- Identify best vendor through appropriate RfP process (multi-vendor proposal review)
- Work with Procurement team to negotiate best price, manage internal finance process
- Manage research vendors from research design (incl sample, questionnaire, discussion guide), field work, analysis, reporting and presentation delivery; ensuring data accuracy
- Analyze and interpret data in Excel and create crisp, insightful PowerPoint charts
- Deliver strong learning, in story-like presentation format that addresses all research objectives and includes actionable recommendations within needed timelines.
- Conduct workshops as needed to help stakeholder use insights to develop action plans
- Support, facilitate and enable teams through education and access to shopper insights
Business Acumen and Impact
- Understand and help meet quarterly and annual revenue, profit and market share goals
- Strong Business Acumen to fully understand business issues to tackle and provide meaningful, impactful recommendations
- Ability to engage and influence different levels and functional stakeholders
- Comprehensive, up to date research and analytical techniques and methodologies (notably Primary research, quantitative and qualitative). Syndicated research experience a plus
- Superior Shopper Insights and Retail research experience
- Ability to effectively manage projects with some supervision and guidance from manager to achieve team goals and complete work assignments within established time frames
- High confidence, proactivity and positive “go-getter” attitude
- Strong bias for action, sense of urgency and results orientation
- Ability to work calmly and productively in high time pressure situations
- Vendor / Team / Budget Management
- In partnership with Procurement team, evaluate via RFP best vendor for each project.
- Manage vendor to ensure clear goals, research capabilities and learning delivery within timeline and budget for high ROI.
- Take ownership of budget and be able to prioritize based on agreed learning plan
Communications & Collaboration
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to convey learning and actions to take effectively and impact fully
- Ability to cultivate strong collaborative working relationships and contacts within work group, across other company functions and with external organizations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing and mentoring skills
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to meet agreed research objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, product management, or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing, trade marketing, product management, sales or related field
- Strong working experience with Microsoft Office’s PowerPoint and Excel
- Master’s degree in business administration, marketing, product management, or related field
- 5-7+ years’ experience analyzing Consumer or Shopper data and providing insights that drive business, including research methods and statistics
- 3 year experience analyzing national electronics retailers
- Sales experience calling on national or regional accounts
- Experience in consumer packaged goods (CPG) AND mobile OR electronics industries
Atterro talent working with this client receive competitive compensation and a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off plus more!
About Pro Staff
Pro Staff makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Pro Staff is an E-verify employer.