PHEAA is seeking a Senior CCT Coordinator to join our team! This position oversees daily work-flow, status reporting, and resolution and mitigation activities of the Client Contractual Testing (CCT) department. This position is primarily responsible to collaborate with CCT staff, management and internal stake holders in support of facilitating efficient and effective reviews of PHEAA’s loan servicing operations. This role requires strong analytical ability, solid written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to effectively resolve complex issues under limited supervision. The Senior Client Contractual Testing Coordinator is expected to mentor less senior team members.
Project Coordination, Monitoring Activities, Training and Support
- Collaborate with internal stake holders to develop inquiries and other reports needed to adequately address noted deficiencies.
- Review and revise departmental procedures.
- Assign work to CCT staff based on direction from CCT management and ensure established deadlines are consistently met without fail; keeping CCT management informed of at risk items.
- Responsible for coordination and/or development of external communications in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Analyze loan servicing processes, identify areas of risk, and review a sample of accounts to ensure established controls are in place and compliant with PHEAA contracts and/or laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Assess impact of findings and observations identified by external parties or through internal monitoring activities and determine level of effort required to implement proposed remediation.
- Identify situational trends and anomalies, interpret purpose, anticipate consequences and delegate appropriately.
- Effectively coordinate departmental activities in order to meet aggressive deadlines and effectively deliver high quality output.
- Support CCT staff, when necessary, by participating in meetings, with both internal stakeholders and/or external parties, to effectively address and resolve escalated issues pertaining to noted findings, potential issues and concerns.
- Proactively identify gaps in client expectations and proposed deliverables, develop and propose resolution that is mutually agreeable.
- Review documentation of system tests to ensure that system changes, borrower communication, and Agency policies and procedures have been implemented as intended.
- Perform on-boarding training for new CCT staff and proactively educate existing CCT staff on new loan programs and other servicing guideline changes.
- Provide on-going education, guidance, and mentoring aimed at identifying gaps in existing operational/system processes and development of associated mitigation. This may include assigning work, reviewing work for adherence to standards.
- Assist staff in developing mutually agreeable resolutions in response to client expectations, proposed deliverables and escalated issues.
- Assist Coordinators, servicing as the primary departmental resource, with all on-site audit activities; including, but not limited to, review of scope documents, creating on-site meeting agendas, documentation requests, and follow-up questions; monitoring progress and timely completion.
- Assist Coordinators, serving as the primary departmental resource, with oversite of client monitoring activities; including, but not limited to, review of scope documents, documentation requests, follow-up questions; monitoring progress and timely completion.
- Assist Coordinators, serving as the primary departmental resource, with oversite of the questionnaire process; including, but not limited to, the vetting of questions to ensure consistent and accurate responses; monitoring progress and timely completion.
- Develop and maintain CCT and OC Business Continuity Plan; training staff on its purpose and expectations, if enacted.
- Assist with developing, demonstrating, and maintaining a collaborative work environment; creating a culture that fully engages employees and empowers others to suggest and make decisions for continuing improvement.
Analysis, Problem Resolution and Tracking
- Research, analyze, and make recommendations regarding federal and private student loan programs and Agency policies and procedures related to established laws, regulations, Agency contracts, servicing agreements, guidelines, and other guidance pertinent to loan servicing functions.
- Identify situational trends and anomalies, interpret purpose, and anticipate consequences in order to assist in the delegation of work.
- Develop, track and issue regular management reporting on progress towards resolution of identified findings and observations; ensuring that Coordinators log new issues timely, monitor progress towards resolution, and close the issue when resolved.
- Support and promote all Agency and departmental service and quality initiatives.
- Create written responses and critique responses (drafted by other CCT staff) to detailed questions, audit reports and other inquiries.
- Develop create and issue reports necessary for CCT to communicate information to Compliance, Audits, Risk and Quality (CARQ) and CARQ Subcommittees, Senior Management, CCT Management, internal stake holders, and CCT staff.
- Support the development, management and implementation of corrective action plans to reduce Agency liability and exposure.
- Actively participate in Enterprise programs and initiatives as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent department interests on Agency-wide project teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and a minimum of three to five years of experience in a financial services environment, federal financial aid, Title IV or private student loan servicing, including supervisory or formal training experience; or any equivalent combination of education and training.
- Demonstrated problem solving, research, and analytical skills.
- Proven excellent writing and oral communication skills including the ability to proof read for proper language and grammar, and editorial tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately interpret contracts, regulations, guidelines and procedures.
- Proven experience working in a detail oriented environment with the ability to manage multiple priorities within deadlines, under general supervision.
- Must possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills, be very detail oriented, have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Persistent follow up skills in order to deliver results timely and accurately.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo, identify issues, and provide viable suggestions to improve.
- Must possess interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels of an organization, internally and externally.
- Proven ability to utilize discretion and independent judgment when approaching unfamiliar situations.
- Must be an independent self-starter.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills and attention to detail.
- Experience mentoring others.
Candidates will enjoy our comprehensive total rewards program offering Pennsylvania Employees Benefit Trust Fund (PEBTF) health/dental insurance and defined benefit plan, as well as life insurance, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, participation in a deferred compensation program, and generous paid vacations and holidays.
Created in 1963 by the Pennsylvania General Assembly, the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) has evolved into one of the nation's leading student aid organizations. Today, PHEAA is a national provider of student financial aid services, serving millions of students and thousands of schools through its loan guaranty, loan servicing, financial aid processing, outreach, and other student aid programs.
PHEAA's earnings are used to support its public service mission and to pay its operating costs, including administration of the Pennsylvania State Grant and other state-funded student aid programs. PHEAA continues to devote its energy, resources, and imagination to developing innovative ways to ease the financial burden of higher education for students, families, schools, and taxpayers.
PHEAA conducts its student loan servicing activities nationally as American Education Services (AES) and FedLoan Servicing (FLS).