The Community Development Administrative Assistant will assist in preparing, administering and promoting Dollar Bank’s Community Development outreach services (i.e. homeownership training and credit enhancement programs) and activities aimed at community partners/collaborative groups, civic groups, small and non-profit business and a variety of other grassroots’ type organizations. This individual will provide a wide variety of administrative functions under the direction of the department AVPs involving work of a confidential and complex nature. This individual must possess or develop a good understanding of the operations of the Community Development Department, its relationship to other departments, as well as Bank policies, personnel practices and information resources available both inside and outside the Bank. In addition, the individual will need to become knowledgeable and current with rules and regulations that pertain to the Community Development function and provide insight and direction to achieve compliance. This individual will have frequent contact with personnel outside the department and outside the bank including customers, non-profit and civic group representatives, media and foundation representatives, public officials, and vendors. As such, this individual must be capable of working independently with limited guidance and must be able to handle sensitive matters with utmost discretion and confidentiality. Flexibility and a willingness to assist other in overflow workload situations are key elements in the successful performance of this job.
Principle Activities and Duties:
- Banking or Administrative experience preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED required. College Degree preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel (Candidate will be tested).
- Knowledge of Bank operations, functions and organization preferred.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work efficiently under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- A demonstrated ability to analyze problems, propose solutions, simplify complicated issues and maintain accuracy.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Serve as departmental point of contact in response to inquiries regarding eligibility for enrollment in Dollar Bank’s Credit Enhancement (CEP) Program.
- Manage departmental registrations for Community Development’s attendance at events, group meetings and orientation sessions relation to outreach activities. Attend evening and weekend events as required to help develop additional network of contacts and referral sources.
- Review Home Ownership Program applications to ensure inclusion of all documentation prior to accepting potential clients into the program.
- Order and review credit reports as requested.
- Maintain updated filing/purging system to keep accurate count of program clients.
- Monitor and reconcile various Community Development related accounts (i.e. credit reports, 3-2-1 accounts, field workshop reports, etc.).
- Manage database of new clients via computer and create customer records.
- Work in conjunction with Marketing Department on departmental booklet ads for events.
- Develop and maintain supply of Credit Enhancement Program (CEP) workshop materials, Fast Track Homeowners training and credit presentation packets
- Shadow department AVP’s in their contact with community organizations from time to time.
Perform sedentary to light work (able to lift up to 20 pounds from floor to waist, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, grasp, or otherwise move objects). See, hear, talk and perform tasks requiring manual dexterity and visual acuity; sit, stand, walk, crouch, reach, pull, push and other similar, repetitive tasks requiring physical activity. Able to operate standard office/computer equipment such as photocopiers, fax machines, computers, iPads, scanners, calculators, etc.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.