Reports To: Area Manager
FLSA Status: Seasonal/Weekly Rate (Mid-April to Mid-November)
A Campground Host serves as an informational source to the public with respect to the preserves, activities within the preserves, and community attractions. Represents the Forest Preserve District in a positive manner and maintains a working knowledge of rules and regulations.
LOCATIONS: Seward Bluffs, Hononegah, or Sugar River Forest Preserve Campgrounds
- Camping (with utilities), golf/cart rental, shelterhouse rental, and more!
- Use of motorized utility cart.
- Private cell phone available for business use with restrictions.
- Wage (per couple): $40 per week (paid on a bi-weekly basis) - $50 per week for Sugar River.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Greets visitors, helps them get settled, answers questions, receives comments, distributes literature;
- Performs light maintenance tasks such as litter pickup, cleaning and stocking of restrooms;
- Sets an example by practicing good housekeeping at all times in and around their site and by observing all rules and regulations;
- Keeps track of occupied or vacant campsites. Collects camping fees and remits to Area Managers as directed;
- Watches for and reports activities or conditions in the preserve which require immediate attention of the site staff;
- Alerts law enforcement or emergency personnel in emergency situations;
- Sells firewood and remits fees to Area Manager as directed;
- Maintains a working knowledge of and adheres to all risk management and safety programs and procedures;
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Hosts are required to utilize their own camping equipment.
- Must be customer-service oriented
- Minimum stay requirement of four weeks, although Hosts may stay longer if desired.
- Ability to be on duty an average of 30 hours per week, the majority of these being weekend hours.
- Must be physically able to frequently move and/or lift up to 25 lbs.
To view the complete job description, visit https://winnebagoforest.org/employment/
APPLY ON-LINE: https://winnebagoforest.org/seasonal-employment-application/
The Forest Preserves of Winnebago County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $40.00 to $50.00 /week