CPCC is currently accepting applications for the position of
PT Administrative Assistant III (Enrollment Management)
Job ID: req2940
Position Closing Date: May 4, 2018
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB DUTIES
Performs a variety of moderately complex administrative and secretarial tasks which may include responding to phone and in person inquiries, typing, monitoring budget, entering information into
computer, maintaining calendar, making travel arrangements and scheduling appointments to assist the head of a major administrative unit.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides detailed information requiring some interpretation of guidelines regarding department's programs and policies; responds to inquiries by phone or in person; researches and resolves problems and complaints.
2. May monitor budget; may inform head of department regarding budget status; may prepare and maintain accurate and up-to-date budget records; may assist in compiling information for Department's budget request.
3. May oversee student employees; may establish schedule and assign tasks; may monitor and review performance.
4. Reviews and processes requisition; ensures that content is accurate and conforms to current policy.
5. Provides leadership to other clerical employees; serves as informational resource to staff.
6. May review and respond to in-coming correspondence; may type and proof correspondence, reports, and exams; may assist in preparing comprehensive reports.
7. May process forms and information; may enter information into computer system.
8. May monitor activity of department to ensure all forms and reports are completed by deadline; may assist in completing forms and reports.
9. May perform various administrative tasks including maintaining calendar, scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements and preparing authorization for reimbursement, and arranging meetings.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Knowledge of budgets
Knowledge of computer and office applications
Writing and proofreading skills
Requires High School diploma or GED and completion of a minimum of one course beyond high
school related to office or administrative support skills, advanced Microsoft Office skills to include word processing, spreadsheets, databases, graphics, web page development and 3 years of experience in an office environment working in an administrative support role. Assessment for the appropriate level of Microsoft Office skills will be required.
A completed CPCC application must be completed on-line.
During the on-line application process, applicants will be prompted to upload or build a cover letter and resume.
College transcripts (if required for the position) must be attached on-line in the "additional documents" section of the application process. Applicants that do not have an electronic copy of their transcripts, or find the electronic copy is rejected on-line due to the file size, may fax their transcripts to (704) 330-6066 for attachment to the on-line application.
All applications must be received in the Human Resources office by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date posted to be guaranteed for consideration. Applications of qualified candidates received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the hiring manager.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary for this position is $16.74hr. Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours, evening and weekend assignments may be required of any position. All positions are subject to budget approval.
Central Piedmont Community College is Mecklenburg County’s resource for academic excellence and cultural enrichment. Located minutes from uptown Charlotte, CPCC is in close proximity to the Queen City’s growing greenway project, professional sports arenas, and a number of premiere restaurant and shopping outlets that attract visitors from Mecklenburg County and beyond. Today, more than 70,000 students call CPCC home, making it the largest community college in the Carolinas and a job training powerhouse as it strives to be the national leader in workforce development.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
As a recipient of federal funds, Central Piedmont Community College is required to comply with Title IX of the Higher Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq. (“Title IX”), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in educational programs or activities. Central Piedmont Community College does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities, including in the context of admission or employment.