Sr Java Developer
Some of the responsibilities include:
• Responsible for developing enhancements and maintaining Java based Operations Applications
• Participate in the full life-cycle development process; works closely with DBAs, Oracle BI architects/administrators, ETL developers and other developers to deliver software solutions to the business
• Participate in application architecture planning discussions
• Independently meet with business users and end users to review, elaborate, and document system requirements (including user interface, functional, and non-functional requirements)
• Create architectural and code-level documentation, sharing this and other technical knowledge with the team
• Design effective and efficient technical solutions based on business-driven goals in a timely manner
• Practice Agile and SCRUM development techniques
• Develop, implement and maintain software applications that supports AL operations
• Participate in peer code reviews, review test objectives and test cases
• Work either independently and/or on a small team of technology professionals to complete technology projects
• Interact with client representatives; gather business requirements; translate into design specification; build and integrate system components
• Develop high-level system narratives and user interface prototypes
• Ensure software quality assurance standards are achieved and validate that business goals are accomplished
• Analyze business and user needs, update and document design, and revise existing system logic as necessary
• Assist in developing project standards and guidelines
• Develop solutions across all layers, from the user interface through the application layer, service layer, and data layer to the database
*Strong Project Management experience, including scheduling, staging, discovery, organization, scope analysis, etc
• Minimum B.S. / M.S. Computer Science or related discipline from accredited college or University
• 10+ years in Java technologies (EJB, Servlets, SOAP web service, JAX-RS, Jersey, Spring MVC 3 or later, Hibernate, JMS, RMI, JDBC, JNDI, XML, XSL, XSLT, JSON,JDBC, JPA, SOA, etc.)
• Strong experience in installation, configuration and administration of application servers such web logic, JBoss, Glassfish, Tomcat, etc.
• Possess extensive architecture/application development experience in Java based multi-tiered web application.
• Hands on database application schema design experience using Oracle, proficient in SQL, PLSQL, store procedures and triggers. Experience in MySQL, SQL server a plus.
• Displays knowledge of operating systems (Windows, Windows server, Linux etc.).
• Display strong data analyzing skill and troubleshooting skill.
• Broad knowledge of data processing systems, concepts, and methodologies
s•com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.