Are you seeking a unique role in the healthcare industry?
ProHealth Prevention is a Chicago-based company started by a dietitian with incredible passion for helping people with diabetes. Initially, we began as an in-home diabetic shoe delivery service to provide shoes to help prevent infections, sores, and amputations. With time, we added an in-home dietitian service to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) to patients with diabetes and/or chronic kidney disease, with the exception of patients receiving dialysis. Our company is built on the idea of preventing further complications with these chronic diseases. Prevention is KEY. We believe with consistent MNT visits; a patient can lessen their risk and improve their QUAITY OF LIFE.
ProHealth Prevention is looking for someone who is interested in a customer service position. The main focus of this position will be setting up and scheduling patients for our dietitian services. This person must be flexible, a team player, and open to the idea of working for a start-up company. Here are some of the roles and responsibilities for this position:
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable calling patients, scheduling appointments, and formulating routes for dietitians.
- The candidate will learn how to run different reports from our patient information program. These reports will the information to load into our mapping program for routing purposes.
- The candidate will learn and utilize our Electronic Medical Record (EMR) for scheduling dietitian appointments. The program utilizes is Kalix. This is where the candidate will add patient information, documents, and the dietitian appointment for the patient.
- The candidate will work with PCPs and endocrinology offices to obtain patient information and signed orders for our services.
- The candidate will collaborate with PCPs, home health companies, podiatrists to obtain more information on patients. The candidate will fax an information request to these parties after we schedule the visit with the dietitian.
- The candidate will become familiar with our EMR communication program and understand how to input new patient referrals in to the sytem.
- The candidate will learn the basics to billing, and how to verify Medicare and other insurances.
- The candidate may assist company President with helping to bill for dietitian visits.
- The candidate will be required to help with phone calls as they come into the office.
- The candidate may asked to send out letters to patients if we can’t get ahold of them.
- The candidate will help send letters to our patient near the end of the year so we can prepare for the following calendar year.
- The candidate may be given side projects on a weekly basis.
- The candidate will learn about diabetic shoes and how to answer calls that come in about this. The candidate may be required to help call and set up appointments for some patients to assist our shoe manager.
Job Skills and Requirements
- Associate’s degree, preferred but not required
- Able to speak Spanish, required
- Strong leadership experience and skills
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills
- Experience working with a durable medical equipment (DME) company
- Familiar with Brightree DME system, preferred but not required
- Familiar with Kalix EMR system, preferred but not required
Job Type: Full-time, hourly
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Scheduling: 1 year (Required)
Communication method(s) used:
- Answer incoming customer inquiries
- Collaborate with management teams to stay updated on new products, services, and policies
- Record customer information within our customer service database
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner while actively listening to their concerns
- Offer support and solutions to customers in accordance with the company's customer service policies
- Other duties as requested
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible