Immediate full time RPSGT position available to work in an accredited sleep lab in the Johnson City, TN area performing sleep studies and/or monitoring long term EEG studies. A polysomnographic technologist works under the general supervision of the medical director to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders. This involves polysomnography, diagnostic and therapeutic services or patient care and education.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collects, analyzes and integrates patient information in order to identify and meet the patient specific needs (Physical/mental limitations, current emotional/physiological status regarding the testing procedure, pertinent medical/social history), and to determine final testing parameters/procedures in conjunction with the ordering physician or clinical director and laboratory protocols.
- Respond to study participant’s procedural-related inquires by providing appropriate information to testing procedure.
- Document routine observations, including sleep stages and clinical events, changes in procedure, and other significant events in order to facilitate scoring and interpretation of polysomnographic results.
- Administers bedtime, morning, and quality assurance questionnaires to aid in patient evaluation.
- Performs equipment set up, calibration, and patient hookup in a timely and efficient manner and according to department procedures.
- Oversees and performs difficult and unusual procedures and therapeutic interventions. Score sleep/wake stages and events by applying AASM accepted guidelines. Demonstrate the ability to analyze complex situations and apply la policy and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- RPSGT certification with at least 2 years experience
- EEG Certification recommended
Job Type: Full-time