Senior Reimbursement Specialist - Relocate to FL
Fort Myers, FL
Are you a caring, compassionate, customer service focused individual who enjoys helping people? When you join Lee Health, you’ll enjoy getting involved to continuously improve your skills. Here, our employees feel welcomed, valued and respected. Having a career with Lee Health offers valuable growth opportunities, market competitive compensation, and exceptional benefits that address your holistic health.
- Develops appropriate strategies for all changes in reimbursement and enlists the assistance of a multi-disciplinary team to assist with the implementation of any process or reimbursement change.
- Assembles data and completes the Medicare Cost Report and AHCA's hospital information report that is filed annually.
- Understands and communicates complex issues and changes relating to regulatory compliance and third-party reimbursement to leadership.
- Apply knowledge of third party payor programs for the monthly determination of net patient revenue for assigned entities and/or cost centers.
- Will have financial responsibilities through assigned duties that relate to the completion of monthly financial statements as well as the completion of the annual audit and budget.
- Will be responsible for all financial reporting and analysis for all cost centers and/or entities that have been assigned.
- Will apply knowledge of healthcare along with the utilization of LMHS' cost accounting system in the development of reliable financial proformas.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or healthcare administration. Masters in business administration or healthcare administration preferred.
- Understands revenue, CPT/HCPCS, ICD-9, DRG and APC codes to ensure the accuracy of the charge master and reimbursement.
- Minimum 3 years healthcare reimbursement experience.
- Full understanding of the requirements of Medicare, Medicaid and all other major third party payors.
- Must understand Medicare's PPS/OPPS program which includes the cost report, wage index, capital payment and DSH payments as well as their impact on reimbursement.
- Has extensive financial knowledge in the completion of reimbursement/revenue cycle responsibilities.
To learn more and apply, please visit: https://jobs.leehealth.org/sr_rs
Drug/Tobacco - free workplace. EOE
Job Type: Full-time