- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
- Experience in 24x7 production environments
- 2+ years Linux experience
- 2+ years technical support or development experience
- This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen with an ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Have you ever wanted to work on a state of the art Amazon Web Service (AWS) offering that will make a lasting impact on society?
We are looking for brilliant System Engineers who have the passion to tackle tough problems using cutting edge AWS technologies to help release customer facing products at AWS!
As a Systems Engineer on the Amazon Rekognition Team (https://aws.amazon.com/rekognition/) you will design and develop fast, efficient and highly scalable infrastructure that will host deep learning algorithms that are applied to challenging deep learning-based image and video recognition problems.
In 'Rekognition' we offer a service that makes it easy to add image and video analysis to applications. Rekognition APIs enables you to quickly add sophisticated visual search, image classification, face recognition and much more to your applications.
You'll work with senior scientists and engineers within Amazon AI and develop high quality software that is robust and reliable.
System Engineers at Amazon do so much more than just infrastructure development. We'll be looking at you to help:
- Participate in all phases of the development of a large distributed system: providing hardware, manageability, operability and performance perspectives
- Participate in expanding the system to additional access points worldwide.
- Develop system management software, scripts, and tools to automate operational tasks
- Manage fleet inventory, including producing, maintaining, and evolving capacity plans for various components
- Monitor the health of the fleet, automating system health, maintenance tasks, and reporting systems as needed
- Troubleshoot, perform various system maintenance tasks (your hands get dirty here) and participate in on-call rotation
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to dive deep into complex technical problems
- Strong Linux skills
- In depth scripting skills with a focus on automation
- Experience with software development
- Experience managing large server fleets
- Experience with hardware and software load balancing technologies
- 2+ years working in a software as a service environment
- Experience with working on AWS services (S3, DynamoDB, EC2)
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/age