The Economic Innovation Group (EIG) is an ideas laboratory and bipartisan advocacy organization dedicated to forging a more dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovative U.S. economy for the 21st century. With its headquarters in Washington, D.C., EIG convenes leading experts from the public and private sectors, develops original policy research, and works to advance creative legislative proposals that will bring new jobs, investment, and economic growth to communities across the nation.
About the Role
EIG’s Communications Intern will contribute to growing and executing EIG’s communications and outreach strategy. Previous communications interns’ work has been featured in publications like The New York Times, The Washington Post, TIME, The Atlantic, Vox, and more. Interns will have a unique opportunity to contribute to policy and advocacy efforts impacting U.S. economic growth and new business and job creation. The successful candidate must be a self-starter with a background in communications or journalism. A background in economic policy and/or political communications is preferred. Excellent writing, research, and social media skills, as well keen attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks under short deadlines, are essential qualities. Current undergraduate or graduate student, or recent graduate.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited, to the following:
- Social media content creation and strategy development;
- Tracking website, social media, and communications analytics;
- Identifying key influencers and media targets;
- Conducting research to support internal and external communications;
- Monitoring online conversation in EIG issue areas;
- Graphic design and WordPress website maintenance; and
- Supporting administrative and operations activities.
Job Type: Internship
Pay: $20.00 per hour
This position is based in Washington, DC. In response to COVID-19, EIG staff are temporarily teleworking. Once the office reopens, the person hired for this position will work in the EIG office in Washington, DC.
- Relevant: 1 year (Required)
- Washington, DC (Required)