THE CLOSE DATE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 10/16/2018
The individual in this position provides architectural management, support, and oversight of project scopes, budgets, contracts, designs, bidding, construction and compliance with codes and standards, and day-to-day operational and tactical aspects associated with various projects and facilities.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
1. Performs architectural design functions by preparing schematics, working drawings, and specifications for projects of a complex nature.
2. Coordinates projects to include scheduling, budgeting, monitoring cost and resolving client issues.
3. Selects and manages the services of architects, engineers, and consultants.
4. Performs periodic construction inspections and prepares and distributes reports to appropriate personnel.
5. Collects data for use in the formulation of university design standards and maintains approved design criteria and/or code compliance requirements.
6. Coordinates and oversees the design and production of drawings and specifications with each of the required disciplines within the department.
7. Coordinates with other units, internal and external, to receive and distribute estimates and bids of construction costs for user/client approval.
Entry into the applicant pool requires a Bachelor's degree in Architecture from an accredited institution plus four (4) years of professional experience in principles and practices of architectural design; and a valid driver's license or the ability to obtain one prior to selection. Employer will consider advanced degrees in lieu of experience. The salary range for Level III is $45,100 - $75,100.
Level IV requires Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Architecture or closely related field; a valid driver's license or the ability to obtain one prior to selection; and licensed as an Architect in the State of Alabama. The salary range for Level IV is $51,900 - $86,400.
Please utilize the attachment feature of our online employment system to include the following: a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. If you are licensed as an Architect in the State of Alabama, please attach a copy of your license. Only complete applications will be considered for review.
A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment.
Job Class Code
Administrative Grade 34 and above