East Dubuque, IL
The Senior Financial Analyst will provide financial planning and analysis support to guide strategic decision-making and will champion planning and analysis best practices and process improvement. The position will collaborate closely with leadership across Crescent’s various operating companies to drive value-added analysis and improved decision-making throughout the corporation. The role will interact with the CEO/President, COO, CFO, and other executive leaders.
You will know you're a match to this position if you possess solid business acumen, impeccable integrity, and a high degree of initiative and self-motivation with a strong sense of accountability. Good interpersonal skills and ability to effectively collaborate with others are essential to this job. You must also be highly proficient in Microsoft applications, specifically Excel and PowerPoint and demonstrate the ability to multi-task and perform within tight deadlines.
What's in it for you Crescent is proud to offer their full-time team members competitive compensation packages and a first class benefits package, along with advancement opportunities. Some of our benefits include 401(k) Retirement Savings Plans with immediate vesting and company match, Paid Volunteer Time, Merchandise Discounts, Holiday and Vacation Pay, and Flexible Spending.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Support all financial planning processes, including those related to strategic planning, annual budgeting, and quarterly forecasting, across all Crescent operating companies and functions.
- Track and analyze results to ensure progress towards targets and provide analytical insights to business management to accelerate the achievement of strategic and financial goals.
- Develop and maintain standardized performance reporting and dashboards across all levels of the corporation (operating companies, regions, districts, branches, etc.)
- Provide insightful and actionable analysis of results/plans/forecasts to identify emerging trends, key risks, and opportunities to improve profitability, cash flow generation and return on invested capital.
- Support the capital budgeting and management process, and provide analytical reviews and recommendations on all major investment initiatives.
- Support specials for CFO as needed. Examples: competitive analysis/benchmarking, working capital efficiency, economic profit momentum, industry forecasts & drivers.
- Provide analytical assistance for acquisition and divestiture activity as needed, including:
- Valuation modeling for all transactions.
- Deal structure analysis.
- Acquisition post-mortem analysis.
Investor & Board Communications
- Assist in development of critical investor and board communications including quarterly shareholder presentations, annual shareholder meeting materials, and quarterly board presentations.
Corporate Finance / Treasury
- Provide analysis on company’s capital structure and financial policy alternatives, including:
- Economic scenario modeling and impact on financial flexibility and liquidity.
- Financing alternatives and sensitivities
- Capital deployment alternatives, investment returns, and priority recommendations.
- Share repurchase and dividend policies.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance Economics, or Accounting from four-year college or university; and three years progressive experience in finance with a strong emphasis on planning and analysis. MBA in Finance preferred.
- Superior analytical skills – comprehensive understanding of financial analysis, modeling tools, reporting systems, and planning processes. Deep experience in data analysis/mining/modeling, corporate finance principles (NPVs, EVA/economic profit, capital structure), budget/forecast variance analysis, and industry or competitive research.
- CFA and larger company experience preferred.
Family Owned. Culture of Quality. Opportunities to Advance.
Crescent Electric offers a caring and supportive environment where employees are provided with the resources and support of a large company. Quality is a way of life at Crescent. Over the last 100 years, we’ve made every effort to continuously improve and grow as a team. As one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States, Crescent Electric has over 160 locations from coast to coast with a variety of career avenues you could pursue.
Learn More About Crescent!
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do Check out our “Day in the Life” career videos on our YouTube playlist at http://bit.ly/2cVXeXn
Crescent is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Candidates are subject to pre-employment assessments, criminal background checks, credit and references check, and a post-offer drug screen.