This is a part-time employee working in the school lunchroom in an elementary school.
An employee in this class is responsible for overseeing students from the time they enter the lunchroom until the time they leave. Work is performed under the supervision of the School Principal/Assistant Principal.
- Assists students who may need help as they go through the lunch line, including assisting students with condiments, opening milk cartons and other containers, dispensing napkins, etc
- Oversees the conduct, seating, and needs of students as they are seated in the lunch room in order to maintain an orderly lunchroom atmosphere by encouraging students to practice good table etiquette, to respect the feelings of others, and to refrain from sharing food with classmates
- Helps any parents, relatives, or visitors who may enter the lunchroom
- Arranges tables for seating of students
- Assists with clean up of the lunchroom after each class has been dismissed and at the conclusion of each day’s lunch room activities, and at additional times if required
- Knows the appropriate fire exits to use in case of emergencies
- Performs related work as required
Graduation from high school; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Knowledge of student behavior as applied to children; of the language, culture, and other characteristics of the families whose children are enrolled in Loudoun County Public Schools
- Ability to work effectively with children; to supervise student behavior, maintain discipline, and to perform general lunch room duties
- Good human relations and communications skills
$17.00 per hour
Part-Time, Hours Vary
The Loudoun County School Board seeks to cultivate a high performing team of professionals focused on its mission and goals. The School Board values merit and excellence within its workforce and encourages the highest levels of professionalism for all its employees.
The School Board also recognizes and values the diversity of the students and broader community it serves and encourages diversity within its workforce.
The Loudoun County School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The School Board does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of actual or perceived race, national origin, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, age, religion, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any basis protected by law.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Assistant Superintendent for Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Loudoun County Public Schools
21000 Education Court
Ashburn, VA 20148