This position works to support all IT infrastructure and applications at the Salem University campus in Salem, West Virginia. Our IT department provides technical and customer service support to university administrators, students, faculty and staff. The equipment supported includes student information systems, student and faculty applications, as well servers, workstations, laptops, printers, network switches, routers, wireless access points, AV equipment, and VOIP phone systems.
- Assists students, faculty and staff with IT support and advisement
- Responsible for coordination and integrative management of the University's Information Technology resources, including: administrative and academic services and labs, telecommunications, technology security and audio-visual services
- Understand and identify potential threats and vulnerabilities
- Recommend and enforce proper control and prevention techniques
- Investigate and response to all computer-related security reports
- Manage and coordinate the University's operations in networking, storage, and telecommunication systems
- Maintain and troubleshoot phones, workstations, printers, and network for small branch Office network of 50+ users
- Configure and maintain Windows 2012 R2, with services including Exchange 2010, DNS, DHCP, and Citrix Xenserver
- Maintain documentation of all IT assets
- Create and resolve IT helpdesk tickets
- Provide exceptional customer service
Reports to: Campus President
Interacts with: Campus President; external and internal constituents: students, campus and University colleagues, educators, and vendors.
- At least a Bachelor's degree in IT or Computer Science, or related field
- Experience working with Active Directory domains, PC hardware, and complex networks
- 3+ years of experience working with Windows Server 2012 R2, Exchange 2010
- Basic knowledge of Citrix
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of helpdesk ticketing systems and procedures
- Ability to lift, move, install, and setup servers, printers, etc.
- Proficient in troubleshooting and repairing various problems associated with enterprise-level IT systems
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs
- CompTIA A+ or equivalent certification
- CompTIA Network+ or equivalent certification
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification
- Knowledge of academic environments and applications
The University environment is dynamic and goal-oriented, requiring high performance standards and multitasking responsibilities at all times. This position requires the ability to develop and manage the University's networks to provide high speed, high functionality, and strong connectivity among all information resources. The position works effectively with all of the University's departments, students and staff to provide leadership regarding the effective use of information technology.
Job Type: Full-time
- system administration: 3 years (Required)
- Salem, WV 26426 (Preferred)