RICHMOND COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY
The men and women of the Richmond County District Attorney’s (RCDA) office work each day in partnership with Law Enforcement and the people of Staten Island to pursue justice for victims of crime, to prevent crime in all its forms, and to promote the safety and well-being of all citizens of our Borough
Community Partnership unit strengthens relationships between law enforcement and the Staten Island community and communicates and promotes initiatives that protect public safety and prevent crime.
The Richmond County District Attorney’s Office has an opening for a Community Liaison for its Community Partnership Unit (CPU). Under the direct supervision of the Director of the Community Partnership Unit, the primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and delivers presentations and initiatives that address and raise awareness on the drug epidemic, guns, domestic violence, identity theft, animal abuse, mental health and homelessness, and other pressing public safety issues.
- Collaborates on a regular basis with NYPD, government agencies, elected officials and other stakeholders for the purpose of building effective communication, enhancing relationships and promoting a positive public image.
- Regularly attends and represents the agency at community meetings and other events as it relates to the scope of Community Partnership Unit and RCDA initiatives (this includes meetings on nights and weekends).
- Brings information and feedback from the community to the office in order to inform policy and program development and implementation.
- Utilizes internet, technology, social media and publications to research issues affecting the borough of Staten Island.
- Analyzes data and complex information to prepare clear, concise, and accurate reports, correspondence, records and other written materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
2. High school graduation or equivalent and six years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of experience as described in "1" above.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community organizing or community relations on Staten Island.
- Excellent organizational, writing and communication skills.
- Experience in intergovernmental project management with the ability to develop and foster responsive relationships between the local community officials and law enforcement agencies.
- Flexible schedule to attend evening and weekend events.
- Exceptional time management skills with attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, attention to detail, and ability to complete tasks in a timely fashion with limited supervision.
- Bilingual speaking abilities, preferred, but not required.
Click on “Apply Now” at the bottom of the posting
Please be advised only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
The candidate selected for this position must be a resident of the City of New York or become a resident within 90 days of appointment.
Authorization to work in the United States is required for this position.
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
THE RICHMOND COUNTY DISTIRCT ATTORNEY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A COPY OF THE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROGRAMS IS AVAILABLE IN THE HUMAN CAPITAL DIVISION. THE DEPARTMENT MAKES AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR DISABLED APPLICANTS
130 Stuyvesant Place, S.I.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.