RPM’s Specialty Products Group (“SPG”) is seeking to hire an intellectually curious, talented and high potential Staff Accountant to join our newly created Accounting Center of Excellence (“CoE”) based in Hickory, NC. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone to learn about SPG’s business, develop and hone your accounting skillsets and leverage technology to deliver financial statements with the accuracy and speed necessary to enable management to make critical business decisions in a dynamic business environment.
P*RINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.*
- Process month-end balancing and journal entries
- Assist with the completion of the month-end close process and monthly financial statement variance analysis
- Reconciliations of general ledger accounts
- Provide Margin Analyses to management
- Supplemental Departmental Reporting of Actual vs. Budget Expenses
- Special Projects, ad hoc analyses, as assigned.
- Fixed Asset Database Maintenance
- Assist with Regulatory/Tax filings
- Ensure compliance with company policies and US GAAP
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience and Education Required
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Intermediate to Advanced user of Microsoft’s Excel (i.e., comfort with using formulas and functions including but not limited to Pivot Tables, Vlookup, Sumif, If statements, etc.)
- A positive, can-do attitude
- A willingness and ability to learn and master ERP systems (i.e., Microsoft D365)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills a must
- Ability to work independently but effectively in collaborative projects.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully
- Use experience and knowledge to complete reports/statements
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely and effective manor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job the employee is required to sit for extended periods of time, stand and use hands to grasp, handle or feel. The employee is required to walk, bend, stoop, and talk or hear. Employee may on occasion be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Normal office environment
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement