*Officer Candidate School as a civilian, you must be:
- A U.S. citizen
- A college graduate with at least a four-year degree
- Between 19 and 32 years old (you must enter active duty or ship to training by your 33rd birthday and accept commission prior to age 34)
- Eligible for a secret security clearance
OCS position will consist of 10-weeks of paid Basic Combat Training, transition directly into 12-weeks of Officer Candidate School, then will transition directly into Basic Officer Leader Course.
- Make quick, successful decisions that focus on completing the mission
- Lead from the front and adjust to environments that are constantly changing
- Command operations that combine armed companies on the battalion, brigade and division levels
- Develop doctrine, organizations and equipment for a variety of missions
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Officers receive training in career fields such as communication, personnel management, finance and logistics to develop leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Self-discipline, confidence and intelligence
- Physically and mentally fit to perform under pressure
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Capable of bearing numerous responsibilities
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time