Award winning Napa Valley winery is recruiting for an experienced Staff Accountant who is looking for a career opportunity in the wine industry. This is a newly created position reporting to the Controller and works with the other Staff Accountant team member. The Staff Accountant II will be responsible for driving the month-end close with a focus on inventory reconciliations, inventory valuation, costing and COGS computation. Other duties to include month-end balance sheet reconciliation, maintaining fixed asset schedule, monthly invoicing for custom wine services, reconciling G/L Revenue to POS software, PTO reconciliation, preparation of weekly wholesale report, assisting with annual outside CPA review and other duties assigned as the position evolves.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 5 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Solid understanding of GAAP and process costing
- Proficient use of Excel, Word and QuickBooks Enterprise or similar accounting software.
- WineDirect, Targit, Paylocity and Vintrace software experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and maintain high standards of accuracy with strong attention to detail as well as an investigative problem solver.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Highly organized, accurate, detail and multi-task oriented.
- Ability to complete tasks in an accurate manner within established time constraints.
- Good judgement, versatility, flexibility, enthusiasm and a sense of humor is needed.
- Ability to work with constantly changing priorities and work in a shared office space.
Competitive salary, excellent benefit package including matching 401K, employee discount plan and wine club benefits. Salary DOE. Please email your resume and cover letter. Use the subject line Staff Accountant II.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- Winery Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Saint Helena, CA (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative