At InsideSource, we strive to make a difference in the world, do the best work, and have fun while doing it. If that sounds like your kind of company, keep reading. As a Fast 100 Private Growing Company in the Bay Area, Insidesource is changing the game when it comes to design in the workplace. People are the heart of InsideSource’s success. Attracting the right talent is critical to making this company successful.
Provide design services for InsideSource internal project team, end-user clients, A&D and external project partners including programming, space planning, product layouts, finish selections, product specifications, installation documents and/or inventory data for new and existing furniture. Ensure that accurate plans, specifications, conformance to client’s requirements, customer satisfaction and high-quality project implementation are achieved for all assigned projects.
- Auto CAD experience required, and CAP/CAP Worksheets experience preferred
- Expertise in applications: Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, Sketch-Up, web-support
- Strong knowledge of interior design field and current practices
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable building codes, ADA regulations, National Electrical Code, etc.
- Strong knowledge of workplace trends (aesthetic, ergonomics, technology integration, workplace culture, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of IS furniture vendor partners, including features/benefits, pricing, application and assembly, specification options and nomenclature
- Understanding of contract furniture processes, including specification development, order preparation, project management, order management, and delivery/installation
- Exceptional written communication skills (including grammar, spelling and proof-reading)
- Excellent graphic design capabilities and design eye
- Strong presentation skills and ability to facilitate design development activities with client and client’s project team
- Conducts responsible interfaces with: client, contractor, and subcontractor trades, client’s A&D firm, electrician, client’s IT group, etc.
- Conducts responsible interfaces with dealership sales, project management, account coordination, order management, and operations/installation groups
- BS/BA Degree required from a FIDER/CIDA accredited program
- 5+ years interior design and/or furniture dealership experience
- Strong knowledge of ancillary furniture resources required
- Furniture space planning experience required
What We Offer
- Highly competitive compensation plan
- Innovative, high growth and collaborative culture. We believe in culture.
- Fun, flexible and casual work environment with amazing people
- Great snacks and lunches on Fridays
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Great Benefits including Medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, 401K with and Life and Disability coverage
- Commuter assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- Awesome Team Events (scavenger hunts, golf tournaments, picnic, holiday party, etc.)
Job Type: Full-time