Provides professional nursing services in the treatment and care of antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum patients. Assesses, plans, evaluates, implements, and documents the nursing process of care delivery. Assumes responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and delivery of patient care. Consistently performs according to nursing standards and is accountable in managing patient care and assisting others in the management of patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, provides, supervises and documents professional nursing care utilizing the nursing process for patients in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures.
- Communicates and collaborates with nurses, physicians, OB Technicians and other members of the healthcare team to develop a plan of care to ensure optimal patient outcomes and continuity of care.
- Charts observations and activities related to patient care in electronic health record.
- Provides safe, effective, and compassionate nursing care for a patient population using critical thinking skills, advocacy abilities and ethical approaches.
- Guides and directs assigned unlicensed assistive personnel in delivering interdisciplinary patient care.
- Assesses signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient’s condition and reports changes to the physician.
- Performs interventions according to identified priorities, plan of care, infection control and the hospital policies and patient care outcome standards.
- Actively participates in Quality Assurance/Process Improvement initiatives to improve patient safety and outcomes, such as monitoring compliance of core measures, infection control practices, etc.
- Educates patient/family prior to discharge regarding the diagnosis, medication and discharge instructions.
- Collects blood specimens by venipuncture or microtechniques for laboratory analysis necessary for patient treatment and diagnosis.
The hospital prohibits discrimination based on age, race, ethnicity, religion, culture, language, physical or mental disability, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression.
BLS - Basic Life Supt
NRP - Neonatal Resus Cert