Are you looking for a great career in hospitality where you can excel organizationally?
The Wyndham Celebration by Orlando, FL is looking to hire a Hotel Cook to support and join their amazing crew!
AD1 Global offers full benefits to their full-time employees including health, dental, vision, life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, an amazing culture, and hotel discounts. AD1 Global is also offering a sign-on bonus of up to $750!!!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and cook orders for daily operations.
- Prepare meals by portion and quality standards specified in recipes. Control food usage to minimize waste.
- Advise supervisor of low inventory items; assists in receiving items and taking inventory as required.
- Maintain sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen area that meet or exceed the state and local Health Board inspection and Holiday Inn requirements.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and well-organized work area, including but not limited to reach-ins, walk-ins, and counters. Reports all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- May assist by performing ware washer or other kitchen duties as needed.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Outlets, Maintenance, and Guest Services. May occasionally interact directly with guests.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Basic reading, writing, and math skills. Some food preparation experience or training is preferred.
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Standing up and moving about the kitchen
- Handling food, objects, products, and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other cooks, waiting for staff and supervisors.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when preparing meals from a recipe, when assisting in the scheduling of the kitchen staff, or when monitoring inventory.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Pay is Based on Experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $21.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Cook: 1 year (Preferred)
- Kitchen: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location