Accounting Professional/Administrative Professional
Lake Erie Marine Trades Association is an exciting company that produces the 5 boat shows in the area, The Progressive Cleveland Boat Show, The Progressive Akron Boat Show, The Progressive Catawba Island Boat Show, The Progressive Cedar Point Boat Show, and The Progressive Cleveland North-Coast Harbor Boat Show.
The perfect candidate must have a strong accounting background. This position is not a run of the mill accounting job. This is a very exciting organization!
The company is a leader in the marine industry in The State of Ohio and is very active in legislative issues that affect our industry. Attendance at all boat shows for all show hours is a requirement of the position.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Strong accounting background A MUST for this position
- Seeking or possessing BA in Accounting Degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Advanced proficiency in QuickBooks
- CAD and Adobe a plus.
- Proficient in Google Docs, Google Drive, Outlook, and other basic computer skills
- Maintain general ledger
- Prepare Financial Statements for the Board of Directors
- Solid knowledge of payroll tax laws and sales tax laws in the state of Ohio
- Reconcile bank statements, accounts payable, budget preparation and forecasting
- Experience with automated accounting systems preferred
- Experience working independently and handling multiple projects at one time
Candidate will also assume multiple administrative responsibilities serving as executive assistant to the President as well as handle assisting in any aspect of the organization where needed.
Health insurance is available and can become part of compensation package.
Knowledge and experience with the events industry beneficial.
Must be proficient in MS Office (Excel and Word), QuickBooks.
CAD Program and Adobe a plus.
Candidate must possess the following attributes:
- Positive energetic attitude
- Passion for your work and commitment to employer
- Driven to succeed
- Friendly relationship building skills and great customer service skills
- Flexibility to work with changing priorities
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to meet the high demands and juggle multiple responsibilities during busy times and consumer shows.
- 401(k) plan funded by firm
- One week of paid vacation after first year of employment
- Productivity bonus yearly
- Exciting and comfortable working environment
- Vast potential for career growth
- Health benefits available and can be part of overall compensation package
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- bookkeeping: 5 years (Required)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)