The main function of the Asset Management Coordinator is to assist the asset managers in their oversight of assets under management which includes communication with both clients and property management firms. Responsible for providing support and analysis for the preparation of the quarterly and annual property reports and budgets for a portfolio of assets
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work with Asset Manager to create property level operational strategies and analyze major leases, capital projects or other investment factors impacting asset value.
- Coordinate the development of Annual Business Plans and Quarterly reports by assisting in the preparation of property operating and capital budgets and reviewing and approving on-going financial variance reporting.
- Analyze monthly capital and quarterly NOI Reforecasts submitted by Property Management Company
- Coordinate transition of properties in and out of the client’s portfolio.
- Coordinate setup, transition and ongoing compliance with new management companies and insurance consultant.
- Review lease submittal packages, evaluate prospective tenant businesses and credit worthiness, and perform other lease related financial analysis as needed.
- Maintain and utilize internal asset management systems to administer portfolios, maintain integrity and assist in the preparation of ad hoc reports as required.
- Coordinate setup of tax consultant and monitor tax approval and payment process.
- Participate in Internal Committees (Task Force Groups) and work on special projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers. May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university required. Minimum of 2 years of related experience and/or training. Real Estate Experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Effective interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and listening skills.
- Strong computer literacy including fluency with Argus, ProCalc, Microsoft Excel and Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to understand and interpret commercial lease agreements and language as well as present value concepts and financial terminology.
- Analytical problem-solving skills capable to undertake detailed analyses and make well-reasoned, decisive recommendations.
- Demonstrate prioritization, organization and time management skills necessary to balance competing deadlines.
- Desire to multi-task in a complex, high-volume environment and competency to work with all levels of management and personnel on critical projects.
Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate experience in MS Office Products (Excel, Access, Power Point, Word, etc). Heavy emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to use query and report generation tools.
Some travel will be required for periodic asset management related property visits and select acquisition due diligence.
This job requires periodic overtime.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to coworkers and supervisor.