American Leadership Academy is a growing charter district that inspires students to learn, lead, and change the world. We empower students to achieve academic excellence, to demonstrate moral character and to fulfill civic responsibilities through mastery of basic skills, a liberal arts curriculum, service and daily implementation of the Covey 7 Habits.American Leadership Academy is now accepting applications for a School Psychologist for the 2018-19 school year. Candidates must possess a valid AZ IVP fingerprint clearance card.School Psychologist will be able to:
- Provide a range of school psychological services to children, including screening and assessment, and designing remedial educational programs.
- Function as a member of the multi-disciplinary team to determine the student's eligibility for special services, appropriate programming, and on-going progress.
- Implement all procedures to meet compliance standards as outlined in Federal and State Law (i.e., IDEA and Child Find) for the identification and placement of students eligible for special education services.
- Consult with education professionals to ensure the academic achievement and social development of students.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assessment – Administer, score, and interpret clinical assessments to students suspected of having a disability.
- Consultation and collaboration – Participate in pre-referral intervention teams (SST), provide academic and behavioral intervention input, collaborate weekly with site level teams, and offer availability for individual consultation with teachers, parents, and administrators.
- Compliance – Maintain on-going student special education records in compliance with IDEA and Child Find. School psychologists are required to re-evaluate existing SPED students on a triennial cycle, respond to parent requests, and evaluate incoming referrals from SST. All referral sources include mandates required by federal and state laws.
- Must have successfully completed a School Psychologist master's program
- Meet the requirements of and hold a valid Arizona School Psychologist certificate. Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work cooperatively with all members of the staff and communicate effectively with parents.
Preferred Requirements: Minimum requirements plus three years of experience. We offer a competitive salary that is individually determined based on education, and experience. We offer excellent health benefits, paid personal days, and 401k investment options including employer contributions.Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online, and forward the following supporting documentation:
- Valid AZ IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Current Resume
- Letters of recommendation (2-3)
- Any applicable certificate(s)/endorsements
Job Type: Full-time