Varen Technologies is an innovative consulting partner that is trusted by its clients and employees to deliver intelligent insights, quickly, in an ever-evolving environment with highly respected cyber security, analytics, Agile Software Development and IT professionals.
At Varen, our performance is measured by the success of our clients, and our reputation for service, superior quality, objectivity, integrity and results. Our reputation is everything to us as we are committed to being a trusted adviser to our nation's decision makers in a day in age that demands acute attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. Varen is seeking to add the sharpest technical professionals who share our passion for ensuring the mission success of our customers at all times.
Varen Technologies is looking for a motivated SharePoint Administrator to join a dynamic team in a fast-paced collaborative environment. In this position you will administrator and engineer SharePoint portals across multiple operational networks; monitor and maintain security posture, health, and performance of the operational and development SharePoint farms. Interface with Tier III and network operations to escalate and resolve technical issues. Support the operations and maintenance of critical Windows Servers (2008R2, 2012R2, 2016) and SharePoint 2013 and 2016.
Apply thorough diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions on the operational server infrastructure; Perform Portal site administration, including creation and removal of sites; Provide guidance to site owners for support, as needed; Perform Portal user administration for internal and external user access; Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all troubleshooting procedures and standard operating procedures related to the administration of the portal infrastructure; Monitor the health and performance of the SharePoint environments to identify potential performance and security issues, make recommendations, and implement approved changes to enhance the performance and security of the operational SharePoint environments.
- 2+ years of experience with Windows SharePoint services and Microsoft .Net development
- 2+ years of experience in working with Active Directory Group Policies and local machine hardening
- Experience with VMware 6, Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2/2016, and performing SharePoint farm migrations
- Experience with DoD IT security requirements, including STIGs and SRGs, and implementing security controls implementation
- Knowledge of Windows server clustering, and server high-availability implementations
- Knowledge of the following protocols: IP (TCP and UDP), SNMP, SMTP, and NDMP
- Ability to develop and refine standard operating procedures
- AA or AS / BA or BS degree
- MCSE Certification in SharePoint 2010, 2013, or 2016
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2016
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint 2013/2016 in formal training environment
- Experience with Active Directory Federated Services
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM and Microsoft Operations Manager
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- BA or BS degree in Information Systems or EE
- Certification or formal training in Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or 2016
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification
- Security+ CE (or equivalent/higher DoD 8570)
- Must possess an active ts/sci clearance for consideration