About the role:
We are seeking a Senior Scientist for a new product development opportunity (NPD) at Abcam, a leading life science company, in our Cambridge, US office. This position will work within an exciting multi-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers to develop new research tools for use by life scientists worldwide.
The Senior Scientist will be responsible for developing multiplex immunoassays utilizing the FirePlex particle technology. The candidate will optimize and validate multiplex immunoassay kits that fit the needs of our customers.
- Develop high-quality multiplex immunoassay kits with associated documentation
- Independently design, plan and conduct experiments to support process improvements in support of new product development
- Analyze and critically evaluate experimental results with an attention to detail
- Maintain good laboratory records and presentation of regular internal NPD reports
- Communicate with the team about project status, lead-times, technical issues, and experimental results
- Prepare technical reports, product summaries, protocols and SOPs
- Complete project tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- May be required to supervise junior members of staff
- May be required to perform other duties as required
You will be an experienced research scientist who performs well-designed experiments and has a passion for developing technologies to enhance life science research. You will have a strong background in single/multiplex immunoassays, love working in a collaborative, but fast-paced environment.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or closely related discipline
- Hands on experience with development and optimization of antibodies in single/multiplex immunoassays
- 2 years of relevant laboratory experience
- 2 years of experience in an industry setting
- Hands-on experience with biochemistry and molecular biology techniques, such as ELISA, flow cytometry, protein conjugations, and PCR
- Experience with automation platforms
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative data analysis
- Familiarity with protein and nucleic acid detection methods and principles
- Familiarity with LIMS systems
- Process driven and a keen eye for continuous improvement
- Must demonstrate strong communication and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, detail-orientated, and able to multi-task
- Must demonstrate above average computer skills including instrumentation specific software, and proficiency in Microsoft office.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Primary Location US-MA-Cambridge
Work Locations Boston 1 Kendall Square Suite B2304 Cambridge 02139-1517
Job Research and Development
Job Type Full-time
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting Jan 9, 2018, 12:29:09 PM