Looking for your next challenge? How about helping us disrupt a $90B+ talent acquisition market! Glassdoor's engineering team is growing and we are looking for a Sr. DevOps engineer to drive our cloud, configuration management, build, deploy and monitoring platforms. This is your opportunity to share your work with a worldwide community of over 60 million users in multiple countries and make an impact by helping people everywhere find a job and company they love.
As Sr. DevOps Engineer you will be working closely with Glassdoor engineering, QA, and product teams to help define how we build, test & ship our product. You must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment – which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn and introduce new technologies as the need arises. But most importantly – we need a leader that can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver, because it's a lot more fun to get things done!
- Automate operational and server provisioning workflows using Terraform/Ansible/Packer/CloudFormation.
- Code and automate repetitive tasks, processes using scripting languages bash/python/ruby.
- Share the responsibility for deploying releases and conducting other operations maintenance.
- Communicate with the rest of the Engineering for rolling out broad changes.
- Enhance in-house Platform-as-a-Service tool for Java microservices, and make it available to be used by engineering organization for CI/CD, infrastructure automation.
- Enhance operations infrastructure such as Jenkins clusters, Bitbucket, Artifactory, monitoring tools (Consul, AppDynamics), metrics tools such as Graphite/Prometheus/Grafana, Logging & Analytics tools SumoLogic.
- Provide operational support for GD production systems and Engineering Teams as part of weekly on-call rotation.
- Establish and maintain operational best practices.
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in CloudOps, Configuration Management, Release Management and Engineering for large scale websites, ideally supporting an Agile development process
- Experience working on AWS Cloud and cloud automation tools (Terraform, Ansible, Packer, CloudFormation).
- Deep understanding of version control systems (git), including branching and merging strategies.
- Extensive experience with CI/CD (Jenkins/Bamboo/GitLab), Repository management tools (Artifactory/Nexus)
- Prior experience working with software build tools (Maven, Gradle, npm) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins) is a plus.
- Experience supporting a Java, node based applications in a production environments.
- Experience with Linux environments and scripting languages such as bash, python or ruby.
- Experience in logging, metrics, monitoring & alerting tools such as OpsGenie, Consul, AppDynamics, SumoLogic, Pingdom, Grafana/Graphite.
- Experience in containers and container Orchestration platforms such Docker, Docker Registry, Kubernetes, Mesos/Marthon.
- You are adept at identifying ways to improve infrastructure using automated solutions and to make them more reliable.
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future
- Conveniently located office in the heart of downtown San Francisco (Embarcadero)
- No gender pay gap ( https://www.glassdoor.com/about-us/glassdoor-pay-gap-audit-2019/ ); we're committed to equal pay with our annual pay gap 'checkup'
- Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.