This position is responsible for assisting in the launch of new hotel and casino projects and serves as the “brand implementer” that ensures delivery of a Hard Rock caliber, AAA Four Diamond, ready operation upon the opening of the facility. Oversees and supports all areas of the pre-opening process from construction (working with Project Development & Design group), sales and marketing, administration, operations, retail and casino (where applicable). The Operations Development Manager acts as the liaison between the Hard Rock Corporate Support Center (particularly, the Senior Director, Operations Development) and the owners/operators in each assignment, positively and professionally representing the brand in interactions with property management, owners and investors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor the opening of hotels/casinos and make recommendations to correct any deficient issues. Set and monitor success metrics.
- Work within budgets and drive programs to maximize return on investments.
- Monitor the progression of each functional area to ensure the project is tracking to completion to standard.
- Validate all areas of the property prior to opening/rebranding. Develop action plans for any areas of deficiency.
- Monitor social media and online review communications upon opening to ensure consistency with brand voice and discover areas for opportunity.
LEADERSHIP & EXECUTION
- Create and/or collaborate on the creation of critical path process.
- Conduct weekly meetings/conference calls with key stake holders to communicate progress and opportunities.
- Coordinate with the Senior Director the approval by Corporate Support Center of brand creative, tactics, communications, promotional pieces, and brand collateral across key touch points including internet, email, and direct mail marketing.
- Collaborate with Corporate Support Center Retail Team to ensure a smooth and timely launch of the Rock Shop.
- Assist Director of Sales - Hotels & Casinos with the creation and coordination of sales programs.
- Assist properties in implementation of brand programs and review Quality Assurance Program with key stakeholders to maximize results.
- Conduct meetings with partners to communicate programs, implement products and procedures and discuss areas of opportunity.
- Drive compliance and understanding of the brand identity. Lead all hotel/casino brand stakeholders to conform to brand strategy, vision and tools.
- Communicate constantly with Senior Director and Corporate Support Center through regular reporting mechanics to roll out and provide feedback on brand initiatives.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with in the business and social community.
- Operate ethically to protect the Hard Rock brand. Utilize programs designed to help Save the Planet.
- Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients, owners and investors.
- Present for approval all guest facing brand critical items to Senior Director/Corporate Support Center.
- Work with local teams and Corporate Support Center to create programs to monitor music, video, temperature, lighting, scents, to ensure atmosphere reflects that of the Hard Rock vibe.
- Conduct property walk-throughs to build rapport, assess guest and/or employee satisfaction, and develop relationships.
- Evaluate and adjust the overall guest experience based on interaction with guests, industry trends, corporate initiatives and quality assurance metrics.
- Ensure leased operations are in ‘sync’ with hotel/casino vibe. Ensure leased operation staff is trained in accordance with brand standards.
- Act with guests in mind
- Leverage local music programs and other partnerships to enhance brand impressions in key markets.
- Attend client functions and designated events to provide support, ensure guest satisfaction and promote future business.
- Demonstrate a passion for the hospitality business by actively participating in the innovation and improvements for the guest experience.
- Oversee and approve through Sr. Director of Human Resources & Training - Hotels & Casinos the on-site Human Resources and Training Managers in the facilitation of required Hard Rock training programs.
- Oversee and approve through Sr. Director of Human Resources & Training - Hotels & Casinos, that the property creates a proper organizational structure and training programs to deliver Kick-Ass experiences for all Hard Rock guests.
- Work with local teams and Corporate Support Center to create back-of-house areas that ensure a Kick-Ass employment experience.
- Work with Corporate Support Center and property Human Resources staff to adapt Hard Rock programs to local culture, ensuring the essence of the brand is not lost in translation. Review translated materials for same.
- Serve as liaison between Corporate Support Center, Developers/Owners and Property Team.
- Create a positive environment in which all employees have the ability to maximize their potential.
- Coordinate operations between departments.
- Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we blow away expectations.
LEARNING & APPLYING EXPERTISE
- Assist and advise each area through implementation of brand standards and/or mentoring from previous best practices.
- Conduct tests, knowledge validation, role-plays, and on-going discussions with property management to ensure delivery of brand promise and standards.
- Support and facilitate, as necessary, at company conferences, meetings, and organized events.
- Fully understand legal documents relating to properties in the region, specifically the licensing agreement for the property opening at hand.
- Coordinate the approval of brand creative, tactics, communications, promotional pieces, and brand collateral across key touch points including internet, email, and direct mail marketing. Coordinate and communicate to ensure creative is effective and appropriate and ensure dissemination of information to relevant parties across organization, field organization, and hotel/casino properties.
- Listen to comments, criticisms, and feedback from guests and GM’s to gain an understanding of strengths and opportunities to improve personal/property performance.
- Make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experiences and judgment.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from a college/university or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides knowledge, skills and abilities.
- 5-10 years minimum experience at hotels supervisor and management level , preferably with an international brand, GM experience a plus
- Experience in property openings, preferably both new built and conversion
- Ability to prioritize and work on several projects simultaneously should pose a challenge without being overwhelming.
- Technology savvy. Strong command of various software applications – especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to form strong relationships with Hard Rock employees, partners, owners and outside organizations.
- High energy individual with effective and influential people skills.
- Understanding of lifestyle hotel products and guest services.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing.
- Comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
- Ability to effectively pitch and present information in one-on-one and group situations to media, customers, clients, partners and other employees of the organization.
- Multiple language abilities a plus, fluency in English required.
- Ability to move throughout the hotels/casinos (standing, walking, kneeling, and bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to occasionally move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- property opening: 1 year
- hotel Supervisor/Manager: 5 years
Required work authorization: