The Director of Marketing & Hospital Business Development is responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining hospital relationships.
- External Marketing
- Achieving and maintaining budgeted census goals for assigned community through coordinating marketing and advertising efforts.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing strategies for effective community and medical marketing.
- Monitors internal admission process for efficiency and effectiveness to meet goals.
- Maintains awareness of customer satisfaction levels from referral sources.
The employee must be able to perform each essential function effectively to be successful in this position.
- Responsible for meeting census goals, including Medicare and private pay census goals, in accordance with the community budgets.
- Helps ensure that responses to inquiries are handled properly, timely and with appropriate follow-up for a 2-hour turnaround to discharge planners.
- Communicates with the Clinical Liaison and Director of Marketing and Admissions regarding assessments and the approval process to troubleshoot problem areas. Assists the Clinical Liaison as back up for assessments and /or luncheons and networking appointments as necessary. (Performs this function in a community that does not have a Clinical Liaison).
- Generates sufficient referral activity to meet community's census goals by making new and servicing existing relationships with legal and financial professionals, senior organizations, assisted living and senior housing facilities, appropriate special interest groups, churches and other community contacts. Develops and maintains relationships to advise them of programs and services the community can provide.
- Develops and implements quarterly marketing plan independently or in conjunction with team where applicable. Monitors and tracks results.
- Conducts regular (weekly or bi-weekly) meetings where applicable.
- Knows bed availability at all times. Demonstrates a sense of urgency re: census/quality mix enhancement and management.
- Regular, punctual attendance and ability to be flexible in work time; scheduling occasional evenings and weekends, as needed. Availability for weekend on-call responsibilities.
- Actively participates in daily morning meetings to develop relationships with community staff.
- Prepares appropriate admission papers and obtains signatures from residents or responsible parties when needed for back-up.
- In conjunction with Administrator, trains and coordinates appropriate staff to serve as back-up in above functions whenever the marketing staff is unavailable -- out of the community, evenings, weekends, etc.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Federal and State regulations and reimbursement (Medicare and Medicaid). Provides assistance with new employee orientation on these topics and the admission process. Has a strong working knowledge of managed care referral process.
- Prepares all reports as required. Monitors trends for inquiry, admissions, census, conversion, lost leads and denials.
- Properly, accurately and daily reports all marketing sales calls in Fast Trac Leads.
- Maintains a database of referral contacts and community resources along with knowledge of industry trends, local hospital and competitors, and legislative/regulatory issues. Communicates this information with Administrator and corporate marketing.
- Continually monitors and evaluates customer satisfaction. Customers include new admissions, post-discharges, current residents and families, community referral sources and non-admissions. Shares results with the management team and others as appropriate to develop action plans as needed.
- Researches, suggests, and develops niche services to differentiate their community from competitors.
- Monitors and participates in local health fairs, senior fairs, general community events, civic groups and professional organizations.
- Coordinates the development of community materials such as brochures and advertising through completing media requests. Refers yellow page advertising to corporate marketing. Reviews all advertising and promotional items with corporate marketing prior to ordering.
- Serves as a member of the internal marketing team whose purpose is to enhance resident and community relations.
- Monitors and stays within allotted marketing budget.
- Develops and implements special events and presentations targeted at community education, establishing and maintaining status for the community as the expert on skilled nursing rehabilitation and senior housing in the community.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills at all times.
CarDon & Associates provides senior living options and lifestyle support. From independent living and assisted living, to skilled nursing, memory care, and rehab; we do it all. Plus, working with us, you will get weekly pay, paid time off, and an Indiana based, family-owned organization. Plus, we have some amazing benefits. Check it out...
What is in it for you?
- Competitive Salaries
- Flexible Schedules
- Professional Growth
- Generous Benefits
- Innovative Training Programs
- Group medical/dental/ vision/life insurance/flexible spending accounts.
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Ivy Tech education opportunities
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Cell Phone Discount
- Pet Insurance
- And much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled