Interstate Alarm Company is currently seeking a full-time Security Alarm Technician Trainee for our Kalispell location. This position requires the ability to install, service, repair, sell and replace security systems, fire alarm products, CCTV and access control equipment. We are looking for someone to learn under a senior technician all the skills necessary to become a licensed technician and eventually achieve Nicet certification.
Job Duties and Functions:
- Install, repair and inspect Security systems, CCTV systems, Fire alarm and Access control systems.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware or software related issues on systems.
- Working knowledge of low voltage wiring, relays, wiring diagrams and installation manuals.
- On the job training as well as web based training and testing.
- Complete service tickets, final reports and other paperwork in a concise and accurate manner.
- Maintain professional appearance and confidentiality at all times.
- Responsible for pre-wiring, mounting devices, programming and customer training on systems.
- Some In-State travel involved.
- Step ladder and extension ladder work involved. Indoor and outdoor working conditions.
- Rotating on-call schedule.
- Good attitude.
- Willingness to learn.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Networking and IP configuration a plus.
- Well organized. Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Valid Driver’s License, clean driving record.
- High School Diploma/ GED minimum.
- Must be able to pass background test and drug screening.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
Our Employees enjoy:
- Competitive Pay.
- Profit sharing.
- Work Vehicle.
- Paid Vacation & Holidays.
- An exciting, fast paced work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $14.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)