The Associate Account Executive is primarily responsible for collaborating with the highest volume and highest performing Account Executives within an assigned geographic sales Region. In addition they are responsible for building relationships, driving sales growth, in-servicing accounts on INR and core service lines and attaining corporate goals and objectives within that Region under the guidance of the RSD.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the Regional Sales Director, who prioritizes their time to help the Region achieve their monthly revenue goals and other corporate objectives.
- Works primarily with the Account Executives who are not only the highest performing, but also have the highest volume territories within the Region, and they are coached, mentored, and trained by them.
- Educate customers and patients as needed for INR and other emerging businesses.
- Ability to travel 1 to 3 days per week within the Region or otherwise as needed.
- Communicates to management competitive strategies, market conditions and sales progress.
- Attends and participates in required meetings, sales training, conventions, trade shows and key referral organizations.
- Develop an annual business plan that will be modified on a quarterly basis including clear, concise plans and strategies to help meet annual quotas.
- Responsible for effective territory planning to achieve the maximum efficiency of time to service and develop current accounts, cultivate new accounts, obtain orders, and produce adequate sales volume to meet/exceed sales goals. Major measures of this include the following territory goals: sales, expenses and account penetration.
- Maintain detailed accurate account profiles
- Effectively communicate with sales management and various departments (Customer Care, Sales Operations, Marketing, Reimbursement, etc.) on competitive issues, territory issues, status of orders, etc.
- Conduct group presentations to customers for product and/or educational training, as required. Be available to conduct product presentations and in-service training to staff and clinicians at various accounts, which could include all hospital shifts and may need to be accomplished after normal business hours. Tailor presentations and materials for specific customer needs and requirements.
- Work with internal staff to help solve issues or problems accounts may have and complete Issue Resolution paperwork for these situations in accordance with policies and procedures
- Adheres to company’s standards of business ethics.
- Operates within approved budget guidelines to obtain optimal efficiency in serving customer needs.
- Submits required completed reports according to deadlines
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Leadership courses, clinical accreditation, and/ or Advanced degree such as an MBA preferred
- Minimum of 1 year sales experience required that blends with a strong service environment
- Minimum of 1 year medical sales experience strongly preferred, including both services and capital equipment sales
- Minimum of 1 year direct experience with Cardiology, Electrophysiology or Interventional Cardiovascular products is very helpful for the position
- B2B sales environment experience preferred (commission focused)
- History of outstanding sales achievements and proven sales skills
- Demonstrated Career Progression/Diversification within role
- Must be willing to relocate
- A core goal for this position is for the individual to be coached, mentored, and trained to be an Account Executive within 1 to 3 years as new territories open up across the country
- Strong work ethic, very adaptive, innovative and results driven.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong follow through ability
- Team Player – solid cross functional relationship building skills
- Coachable with ability to manage change well.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Dedication to high degree of customer service
- Selling Skills - Core Messaging - Resource Utilization
- High degree of business acumen – Territorial Management
- Customer focus with strong “Outside of the Box” problem solving skills
- Communicates effectively, including strong presentation skills
- Drive results, perseverant, confident, competitive, resilient, & accountable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinker with excellent business planning skills and ability to set goals, develop action plans, prioritize and execute
Physical Job Requirements
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be able to operate computer, printers, fax machines
- Must be able to carry/lift up to 10 lbs.
BioTelemetry is an equal opportunity employer who strictly prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Affirmative action will be taken to ensure that all employment decisions, including but not limited to those involving recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation, benefits, transfer, discipline, and discharge, are free from unlawful discrimination.