American Career College (ACC) has been helping people succeed since 1978 and we are currently seeking an Instructor, PTA (PT)
. This is an outstanding opportunity for a service-oriented individual to help our students begin their journey toward their new careers.
Under the general supervision of the Program Director, Physical Therapist Assistant, delivers class and/or clinical instructions according to an approved course syllabus using accepted and effective teaching methods; develops daily lesson plans; advises and tutors students; maintains current and accurate attendance and grade records; remains current in applicable program teaching field; participates in faculty meetings, instructional seminars and two (2) in-service training sessions. Participates in college activities such as faculty meetings, student functions, graduation exercises, open houses, new student orientations, and advisory board meetings.
- Must be a graduate from a physical therapy program, recognized by Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education, the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education.
- Must have academic credentials to support the subject area(s) taught (diploma or certificate from an accredited program in field).
- Must demonstrate prior training in instructional methodology and teaching skills from a formal teacher educational program or any comparable training program or formal in-house training program.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree with the appropriate coursework in the subject area required.
- Current Physical Therapy license to practice in California.
- Current CPR Card.
- Current Driver’s License.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of related practical work experience (excluding teaching experience) in the subject areas taught.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of teaching experience in the subject areas taught or demonstrate prior training in instructional methodology and teaching skills from a formal teacher educational program or any comparable training program or formal in-house training program.
Your daily reward will be the personal satisfaction of having a chance to make a difference to yourself, your team, and to a group of students who expect an outstanding education and exciting career.
Full-time associates are eligible for an exceptional benefits package which includes:
Health, dental and vision plan
Vacation, sick and holiday schedule
401(k) Plan with employer match
Flexible Spending Account
Long/short term disability and more.
To learn more about American Career College and apply for this exciting opportunity please visit our website: www.americancareercollege.edu
American Career College is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.