Support our Federal Buildings and Infrastructure Design Practice and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
As a Building Mechanical Engineer, you’ll have the chance to work with an internal network of architects and engineers designing facilities for the Federal Government and related institutions. Working with other members of the team, you’ll develop design packages using Revit and other software. During your time with us, you will generate calculations, design analyses, construction drawings, and specifications. Additionally, you’ll perform field work, both prior to design and as a follow up during construction period activities. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- U.S. Citizen with current Driver’s License (US State) per contract requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from ABET-accredited college or university
- Professional Engineering license
- Minimum of 6 years of experience designing building mechanical systems including HVAC and plumbing
- Working knowledge of codes and standards, including ICC, ASHRAE, and NFPA
- Ability to travel internationally on at least a limited basis (no more than 1 week per quarter)
- Able to demonstrate ability to practice independently without direct, local oversight
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- Ability to produce building mechanical design packages using Revit
- Experience in construction period services, including answering RFIs, review of submittals, and field assessments
- Active or recent Department of Defense Security Clearance
- Experience performing federal design to Unified Facilities Criteria requirements
- Knowledge of Federal requirements for life cycle cost analyses of energy consuming systems and building envelope alternatives
- Competency in performing HVAC load and energy calculations using one or more industry standard software packages, such as Trane Trace or Carrier HAP
- Ability to generate project specific construction specifications using CSI-based templates
- Competency in design of plumbing systems
- Experience estimating engineering effort for building design projects
Duties will typically be performed in an office environment, at construction sites for new facilities, or at existing facilities undergoing renovation. Periodic travel will be required for site visits and client meetings.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.