Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Business Development is responsible for developing, implementing, and directing Business Development functions for all TriCore and Rhodes business lines. This individual oversees the Business Development department, directing sales, service and product marketing activities in order to execute sales goals and support the mission of the organization. Through analysis and market research, the individual defines and implements sales and marketing strategies to maintain existing business and attain new markets for growth. This individual leads efforts on contracts and agreements and coordinates with the Executive Management Team to review, recommend and ensure strategic alliances, as well as merger/acquisition/licensing activities to support long-term organization plans. Travel is required.
Develop and Implement Business Development Strategy
1. Develop implementation plans for strategic sales and marketing objectives in order to secure and manage account contracts for all business lines.
2. Coordinate the efforts of key players in sales, communications and operations in order to meet all sales goals.
3. Work with Finance to project annual revenue growth from new and existing clients based upon detailed market information and target market assessment, including gain and loss projections.
4. Provide market feedback to company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs, and generate product development ideas.
5. Identify revenue opportunities from both traditional and nontraditional sales channels.
6. Ensure customer satisfaction with on-going service provided and develop proposals to enhance business relationships.
7. Assess new business development opportunities and alliances which support the goals of the organization and implement plans to capture these opportunities.
8. Coordinate contractual negotiations between all affected areas of sales and payor relations (e.g., between Sales territories and National Contracts). Adjudicate any differences to ensure success.
9. Establish research line of business protocol; report and recommend actionable initiatives.
Direct Business Development
10. Direct all sales, service and product marketing activities.
11. Establish goals and performance objectives for sales territories in order to meet or exceed revenue projections.
12. Work closely with the Human Capital Management department to identify new talent and provide coaching and performance improvement for current employees.
13. Provide direction and directives to the department staff in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities, and in achieving management initiatives.
14. Guide sales and business development teams on trends & competitive forces that influence customer decisions.
15. Assure that Sales complies with all company-wide policies, procedures and standards of practice as well as compliance with all relevant regulatory and legal requirements.
16. Plan and recommend budgets, manage expenditures, and report on budget variances.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study
Ten (10) years related sales experience, preferably in a laboratory/health environment to include at least five (5) years in leadership position.
- Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions
- Excellent sales and communication skills and ability to manage the sales process
- Valid driver's license.
- Must have good driving record and insurable by lab insurance carrier.
- Willing to relocate to New Mexico required.
Master’s degree in relevant field of study
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.