Argents Express Group is a Family-Owned, US Based, International and Domestic Freight Forwarder/Customs House Broker, Fulfillment and e-Commerce Provider established in 1977 . We have operational offices located in Charleston, SC, Chicago, IL and Seattle, WA and our Corporate Office is located on Hilton Head Island SC. Argents has handling capabilities throughout the USA and worldwide. Our service to our partners & customers is second to none.
Your scope of responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
All duties that revolve around offering competitive and efficient shipping solutions all over the world...
- Obtain and organize updated rate tariffs into shared drive and our software system for any vendors involved in the supply chain
- Continually update tariffs and surcharges for ocean carriers.
- Update contact details for any and all vendors you come into contact with in our Software System
- Input data for shippers/consignees into our Software System for operational handling
- Field phone calls and general office support
- Process any air, land or sea domestic, import or export quotations that come into the RFQ (Request for Quote) platform from International agents and/or customers on a daily basis.
- Obtain costs to support any sales support quotations as required by sales staff.
- Research the best options for each inquiry and quote to win bids while maintaining profitability.
- Negotiate competitive rates with carriers involved with the inquiry wherever needed.
- Communicate professionally with offices, partners & vendors regarding shipments.
- Provide all costing and vendor back up to offices when routing is confirmed for movement.
- Build SOP where needed.
- Offer same day response to all inquiries that come in.
- Report won business revenue and profit on a monthly / quarterly basis.
Responsibilities could grow into operations / shipment handling.
Qualifications and Skills
College Degree (4 Years)
Some Industry experience/knowledge-preferable ocean export
Foreign language is a plus but not required
Open mind and good attitude
Desire to succeed
- Paid Vacation,Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Dental and Vision after 90 days
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance after 90 days
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan. 401(k) matching and profit share after 1 year of full time employment
- Continuing education & training
- Fast-paced, challenging, fun and rewarding work environment
Job Type: Full-time
- Administrative: 2 years (Preferred)