- Position Title: Scrum Master
Contract to Hire
Citizen and Permanent Resident (GC)
1st WebEx and 2nd in person
- Must SAFe Agile development experience. Collaborate with team members to transition the operating model to SAFe 4.0.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Understand the basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal and FDD
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games (Planning poker)
- Knowledge of Rally or Jira preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Mater's degree preferred
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II) preferred
IT Recruiter | Hyatt Leader, Ltd.
This electronic message transmission contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Hyatt Leader, Ltd. is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). Hyatt Leader, Ltd. is also committed to taking immediate and appropriate action on any EEO issues. Thank you for your cooperation.