Business analysis is a core business practice and the link between U-Haul accounting business objectives and information technology capabilities. This practice contributes to profitability primarily through process efficiencies that lead to operating cost reductions. The core skill is developing technical solutions to business problems which all begins with defining, analyzing and documenting requirements.
Partner with cross-functional teams for the purpose of eliciting detailed business requirements and documenting accounting process flows. Research and analyze internal and external processes to further refine requirements and develop business practices. Document requirements using standardized functional spec templates including business rules, data flows, accounting flows and test cases. Conduct business walkthroughs and deliverable reviews that meet PMO governance standards. Partner with IT to help design and test through the entire project life cycle to ensure final products meet expected outcomes.
Business analysts typically take the lead role in:
- Assisting with the business case
- Eliciting requirements from leadership, key stakeholders and end-users
- Organizing, translating and simplifying requirements
- Analyzing and communicating requirements
- Recommendation of next steps
- Act as the business liaison between accounting users and programming staff.
- Collaborate with business partners to capture user requirements, procedures and problems to automate processing or to improve existing systems.
- Write detailed description of user needs, program functions and steps required to develop or modify programs.
- Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to specify, in detail, operations to be performed by system personnel.
- Work as a lead analyst on assigned projects and make decisions on behalf of the accounting group.
- Develop and understand user support services at a detailed level, such as training, documentation and communications for accounting specific processes.
YOUR KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
Business analysts typically possess the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts, business case development, modeling techniques and methods
- Ability to be proactive and multi-task in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to think analytically and to act tactically
YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS
- Ability to work successfully within a team as well as independently
- Establish and maintain effective inter-departmental relationships
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Advanced-level experience with Excel, Word and Visio
- 2-3 years of experience as a business analyst including technical documentation writing and flow charting
- IT, Programming and/or accounting experience desired.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, systems and prior experience using SAP software is preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate advanced level excel skills
- COMING SOON! On-site Health and Wellness Center
- Health insurance/benefits (including medical, dental & vision)
- Subsidized gym membership (including paid fitness classes)
- Life insurance
- Stock options
- Business and travel insurance
- Met Law Legal program
- MetLife auto and home insurance
- Discounts on Apple products, cell phone plans, hotels and more
- Commuter benefits program
- 401k options
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
- In-house cafe featuring options for all diets
- 24-hour physician available for kids
- Community volunteer opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Business Analyst: 2 years (Required)