The Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) seeks to hire a Community Coordinator to work within the office of The City Record. The City Record newspaper is the official journal of the City of New York. It is published each weekday except legal holidays. The City Record includes notices from New York City agencies about: public hearings and meetings, court notices, property disposition, procurement (solicitation and awards), agency rules, and special material which include changes in personnel. The qualified candidate will work as an Assistant to the Editor. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Answering phones, assist and provide information when necessary
- Proofreading daily City Record and New Ads
- Prepare the City Record Monthly Index
- Track and log all incoming ads
- Responding to calls needing instructions in preparing ads
- Edit, approve and prepare ads when needed
- Send sample copies of paper to potential customers
- Prepare mailing list and renewal notices for City Record subscribers
- Filing and data entry
- Responding to email correspondence
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
2. High school graduation or equivalent and six years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of experience as described in "1" above.
This is a proofreading intensive position
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform detailed work under time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Able to display professionalism to all levels in City Government
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel, Access and comfortable working with new software
Please go to www.nyc.gov/careers or www.nyc.gov/ess for current NYC employees and search for Job ID#: 412165
NO PHONE CALLS, FAXES OR PERSONAL INQUIRIES PERMITTED. NOTE:
ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.