Full Job Description
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Johnston-Willis Hospital has been delivering high-quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than a century. Founded in 1909, Out 292 Bed Hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care, and neuroscience at our first-in-Richmond Neuroscience and Gamma Knife Center. With our sister facility, Chippenham Hospital, we’ve provided and continue to provide a wide range of services to Central Virginia.
In addition to delivering superior healthcare services, we also want to make you as comfortable as we can while you’re here. Our team stands ready and available to answer any questions you may have about your care. We encourage you to communicate freely and frequently with our staff. Simply put: if there’s something we can do for you, just ask.
Although we know we provide our patients with the best medical care, it’s nice to be recognized by external parties for the compassionate and top-quality care our medical teams provide.
The Joint Commission has awarded us the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for surgical care, perinatal care, pneumonia, heart attack and hip and knee replacement.
Johnston-Willis is the first hospital in the US to receive The Joint Commission Gold Seal Certificate of Distinction for Brain Tumor care.
We are the first non-academic hospital in Virginia to receive the Comprehensive Stroke Certification by DNV-GL Healthcare, the highest level of competence possible for stroke care.
Our ER is also the only state-authorized Level III Trauma Center in Chesterfield County, which means we can provide fast, skilled care in life’s
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*:
- Coordinates/facilitates/develops/provides trauma related educational programs within the facility, as well as externally in accordance with Trauma Outreach activities
- Acts as a TNCC provider, with willingness to obtain instructor status within 6 months, and course director status within 18 months based on successful completion of all ENA and Trauma Services requirements
- Promotes improvement of the health and wellbeing of all trauma patients through excellence in patient care, teaching, and evidence-based practice
- Participates in the trauma performance improvement process by reviewing performance improvement indicators by trauma case data abstraction, data entry, and preparation of reports.
- Preparation for committees/meetings related to Trauma Performance Improvement in collaboration with the Trauma Program Director and Trauma Medical Director
- Acts in a pivotal role for Continual Readiness activities for inspections of the Trauma Service.
- Develops and implements policy and procedure related to trauma patient care, processes, etc.
- Represents Trauma and EMS Services at various internal and external committees and forums.
- Completes all mandatory education requirements of CJW Medical Center and the Trauma and EMS Services department.
- Promotes teamwork and positive relationships and collaborations with internal and external stakeholders
- Acts in accordance with facility privacy policies and adheres to HIPPA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the department director.
- THOSE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS WITH AN (*) ARE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO ACCOMPLISH THIS JOB.
- Minimum 5 years recent clinical experience in direct patient care in Emergency/ICU/Critical Care setting
- Clinical Proficiency in current trauma practice
- TNCC and ACLS Provider
- Basic Life Support Provider
- TNCC Instructor or Course Director
- Nursing or Healthcare-related Education Facilitator
- Quality/Performance Improvement experience -PALS/ENPC Provider
- EMS Experience Helpful
- Prior experience in a Trauma Program position helpful
-Minimum of Associates Degree in Nursing
-Bachelors, Masters Degree and/or advanced certificate in Nursing or related field
Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a registered nurse.
American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider
-CEN, CCRN, or CNOR preferred
Why join HCA – CJW Medical Center?
Low Deductibles for Health, Vision, and Dental
Passion for patient care
Career Advancement through Clinical Ladder
Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
Student Loan Assistance Program ($1,800/calendar year)
“We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.