Collective Health is transforming the way people experience healthcare. We are building a world-class team and an innovative technology platform for our members, employers, and partners. We believe that accuracy and efficiency are paramount to ensuring exceptional member and employer experiences. To accomplish this, we are reimagining the operational core of health insurance. We are seeking leaders to deliver on this vision.
Our Member Claims team is one of our largest and core teams within Customer Experience, performing the specialized back office work required to operate our employer-sponsored medical plans and run the core processes that power our business. Member Claims Associates perform a wide variety of work with a comprehensive understanding of health plan operations—ensuring medical claims are paid accurately and in a timely manner, researching complicated member issues, and handling the complex details related to medical network integrations, regulatory requirements, and medical coding. Beyond becoming experts in these areas, our team also strives to make health benefits effortless for our clients, our members, and ourselves.
We are hiring Team Leads to help manage our growing Member Claims team. As a Team Lead, you will be responsible for learning the core job of our team along with Member Claims Associates. Additionally, you will help us to build our team, define our culture, coach team members, and provide regular feedback to ensure we are delivering on the high accuracy and efficiency standards we set for ourselves and our work. You will also work cross-functionally across the organization, contributing to wider company goals and helping us build and scale our business.
What you'll do:
What you've done / Who you are:
- Manage a team of 10+ Member Claims Associates
- Coach associates in mastery of their core job responsibilities through consistent quality evaluations and coaching sessions
- Lead team meetings and keep the team aligned on key priorities
- Spend a portion of your time learning and performing the core job (processing claims, researching member inquiries, handling complex escalations from your team, etc.) in your first few weeks and months on the team
- Work cross-departmentally on projects that impact the broader organization
- Continue to roll up your sleeves and stay close to your team's core work, ensuring you stay current to our evolving processes over time
- Keep employee morale and experience top of mind as you advocate for your associates on a day-to-day basis
- Serve as a leader in our new office in Lehi - supporting and cultivating office culture that aligns with Collective Health values
- You are excited about simplifying healthcare, learning new things, and solving hard problems
- You are comfortable leading a back office, quantitative team and excited to learn the core job yourself
- You are passionate about creating and motivating a high performance team
- You have experience scaling a team and leading a team through change
- You are excited to help young professionals develop in their career
- You are analytically minded and like to make data-driven decisions
- You have 2+ years of direct, supervisory people management experience in an operations organization
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent years of management experience, preferred
Collective Health is a technology company working to create the healthcare experience we all deserve. Founded in 2013, our team of engineers, designers, product managers, and actuaries are redefining the $1 trillion market of employer-sponsored health benefits with data-driven and people-focused products. Our complete health benefits solution helps great companies like Activision Blizzard, Palantir, Restoration Hardware, and Pinterest take care of their people by harnessing the power of design and technology. Based in San Francisco, CA, we're backed by some of the best investors in Silicon Valley including Google Ventures, Founders Fund, NEA, and Redpoint Ventures. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com ( https://www.collectivehealth.com/ ).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.