* Must have strong Property & Casualty experience!
Position Summary: The business analyst is responsible for gathering requirements, developing workflow and system specifications, and execution of tasks required to deliver IT solutions in support of applications.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Strong experience in client facing roles with expert skills in requirements gathering with the ability to draw out requirements using a variety of methods to uncover needs that clients would not be able to articulate on their own
· Ability to communicate technically complex IT concepts to business clients
· Must have strong business acumen as well as technical solutions expertise
· 5 to 7 years experience in the SDLC implementing new applications and major enhancements. These include underwriting, financial, statistical reporting and claims systems.
· Experience in data integration and data quality projects.
· Ability to work with technical teams (developers, architects, QA, infrastructure), business partners and software vendors to document and implement system modifications on time and within budget.
· Excellent understanding of how technology impacts the business
· Excellent team player with a proven background of individual contribution.
· Excellent interpersonal, documentation, communication, and presentation skills.
· A minimum of 5 years experience in the insurance industry implement new applications and major system enhancements.
Preferred Technical Skills
· Strong SQL skills to query SQL databases.
· Understanding of XML language
· Hardware and networking as it relates to system design and implementation
In addition it would be an asset if your experience included:
· Excellent knowledge of the P&C business and familiarity with a broad spectrum of Insurance applications.
· Proven experience in developing and managing Underwriting and Claims applications.
· Thorough understanding of underwriting process included the policy lifecycle, coverages, rating, etc
· 1 to 2 years experience working on ceded reinsurance systems.
Education and Training:
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or equivalent working experience in information technology
· Insurance specific training or designation a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $125,000.00 to $135,000.00 /year
Required work authorization: