The Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Recruiter for the Massachusetts Adoption Resource Exchange, MARE, will be an agent of change in the lives of the children waiting in the foster care system in Massachusetts. The Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Recruiter will recruit permanent adoptive families by managing an appropriate caseload and by employing an intensive and exhaustive Child Focused Recruitment Model for children in the greater Boston area. The recruiter will be hired by MARE and report to MARE and will abide by the MARE policies and procedures regarding time and place of work, supervision, reporting, and confidentiality. The position is funded by the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption (DTFA).
The candidate for this position will have a Master’s Degree in Social Work or a related field with at least two years of child welfare experience, preferably in foster care adoption. A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related human service field and adoption experience may be substituted for a Master’s Degree. MA state license in Social Work is preferred but not required. Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational and interpersonal skills are required. Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and be willing to travel throughout eastern and central MA. Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and access to car required. Must be detail oriented for the purpose of accountability of time and productivity.
- The candidate will maintain a caseload of no more than 12-15 active children. Recruiter will meet at least once a month with each child on their caseload to develop trust, openness and to assess the child’s strengths, challenges, preparedness for adoption and child’s needs in order to move forward with adoption. A written assessment of adoption readiness should be developed initially for each child and updated quarterly to enhance the child-focused recruitment plan.
- The candidate will initially meet with DCF caseworkers (and as new cases are acquired) to introduce their role, gather initial referral information, establish a date to begin case file review and schedule meeting times with child.
- Conduct an exhaustive and in depth review of each child’s case file.
- Assure that the child is prepared for adoption and will assure that during the matching process that the family is adequately prepared to meet the needs of the Wendy’s Wonderful Kids child.
- Meet with the significant adults in each child’s life and maintain regular and ongoing contact (caseworkers, foster family, attorney, CASA volunteer, teacher, relatives, therapist, faith-based representative, extracurricular activity leader).
- Monthly contact with each child’s caseworker is essential.
- Develop a comprehensive recruitment plan defined by each child’s needs based on the file review, interview with significant adults and the input of the child. The plan will be reviewed quarterly and updated as needed.
- Conduct a diligent search of potential adoptive families and identify connections and conduct aggressive follow up with these identified contacts with the knowledge and approval of the child’s caseworker.
- Responsible for using the Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Child Focused Recruitment Model.
- Arrange for the necessary authorization to utilize photos of Wendy’s Wonderful Kids children as appropriate and as permitted by MA Department of Children and Families.
- Attend New Recruiter Orientation and the annual Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Recruiter Summit hosted by the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption
- Participate in evaluation activities as directed by the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption.
- Adhere to the “Marketing and Promotions Style Guide” provided by the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption.
- Attend monthly staff meetings at MARE in Newton
- Attend MARE special events as needed to provide assistance.
- The candidate will also complete other and miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the Director of Child Services.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- child welfare: 2 years (Preferred)
- MA state license in Social Work (Preferred)