- Oversee website project discovery, architecture design and development phases. Initially to include Enrollment Management (EM) sites, but expanding to others.
- Translate discoveries and concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise innovative solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs.
- Collaborate with other UMC and EM team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN17069B, 00339-Marketing & Communications
COMPENSATION: $60,000.00-$80,000.00, D.O.E.Strong benefit package including tuition reduction program, generous leave accrual, retirement and health plan options.
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time; 40 Hours/per week, Day; 9-5, Monday through Friday
RESPONSIBILITIES: * Expertise in standard UX software such as Adobe XD, Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, and the like is a must.
- Experience with WordPress development and implementation required.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered, mobile-first web thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete solutions.
- Experience implementing approved designs into existing frameworks quickly and efficiently. Complete ownership of the discovery, design, and implementation phases of web projects.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of web design/development and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
QUALIFICATIONS: Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalency and at least 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- 4 or more years of UI-UX experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE THROUGH THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH SYSTEM TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS JOB:
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- UI-UX: 4 years (Preferred)