The Missoula Osprey are a minor league baseball team, affiliated with the Arizona Diamondbacks, located in Missoula, Montana. The franchise is a member of the Pioneer League, a short-season league which is designated Rookie Advanced. We have been part of the Missoula community since 1999 and proudly acknowledge the Pioneer League championship wins in 1999, 2006, 2012 and 2015.
Under new ownership of Big Sky Professional Baseball, LLC., the Osprey franchise has a vision toward an even brighter future: maximizing the fan experience, creating a deeper sense of community value and standing as the centerpiece for everything baseball for our good neighbors in Missoula. The Director of Sales will drive the strategy, execution and performance measurement of all sales activities to support making this new vision a reality.
The successful candidate will be an experienced sales leader who has a hunger to be part of a dynamic leadership team, has an interest in professional baseball and has previous experience building sales relationships within a consultative, value selling model. This is a full-time role at the home office, but also requires someone who is able to contribute to the operational components when we’re in the active baseball season.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop a comprehensive sales strategy, to include large sponsorship partnerships with regional players, group sales and ticket sales and utilization through a year-round sales program.
· Manage the sales function in a matrixed environment where the entire leadership team and year-round staff contributes to sales goals and outcomes through weekly measurement of activities (phone calls, in-person meetings, quotes, etc.) that inform and drive the sales cycle.
· Create a culture that successfully uses data analytics from POS, Ticketing, and CRM to market a succinct message that drives a call-to-action culture resulting in fan loyalty and retention, increased sales and year-over-year revenue growth.
· Manage the CRM; disseminate and execute data, hold and monitor sales goals and manage the total sales inventory.
· Manage the Ticket and Box Office Specialist year-round and develop goal targets and provide on-going performance feedback.
· Work with year-round staff to develop and implement year-round revenue opportunities for the franchise.
· Hands-on in-season account management and year-round management of season ticket holder events.
· A minimum of 3 years of leadership and management experience leading a consultative sales environment
· A minimum of 5 years of direct selling experience in a high volume, outbound sales environment
· Computer literate; the ability to use data to create and execute pricing models, marketing plans and measure performance
· The ability to work flexible hours for consecutive days during the active season
· The ability to travel in and around Missoula to meet with sponsors, partners, vendors and group sales prospects
· A BS/BA or a combination of experience and education
If you are innately someone who expects success, understands your strengths, takes creative risks, makes balanced business decisions, excels in a collaborative environment and thrives when transparency, respect, passion and self-responsibility defines the working culture, then we’d like to encourage you to apply to this role.
Interested candidates should forward their resume, salary requirements and a description of how their experience aligns with the core requirements; candidates without this information will not be considered.
No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time