Full Job Description
Hopkinton, MA (Local Candidates Only)
As a Software Senior Engineer, you will develop next generation data protection software for Dell EMC’s Data Protection Division. This is an opportunity working at the cutting edge. We design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools and software engineering methodologies. You can expect to develop features for both on-prem and SaaS environments and be part of our organization’s transformation to a continuous integration and development strategy.
Join us as a Senior Software Engineer on our Data ProtectionTeam in Hopkinton, MA to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
- Design, develop and maintain data protection software using Java, Angular and Spring Framework technologies; Assignments may include new product development as well as upgrades, and enhancements or fixes to existing products for both on-prem and SaaS solutions
- Offer proposed design changes/suggestions to processes and products, exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of an assignment
- Interacts cross functionally on matters that require coordination across functional/organizational lines.
- Experience in web UI development – Java, HTML5 and/or CSS
- Experience using Angular
- Experience producing and consuming REST APIs
- Experience with Test Automation and Test Execution for continuous quality improvement
- Bachelors in Computer Science plus 5+ years of industry experience or equivalent
- Knowledge of any of the following: Linux, virtualization technologies, Spring Framework, Message Bus / RabbitMQ, automated testing of web UI, Agile/Scrum environment, version control, bug tracking systems, automation (Git, JIRA, Jenkins) and/or SSO technologies
- MS Computer Science
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap.
6 April 2020
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Corporate-Development Engineering Engineering-Development Software-Engineer Job ID: R057687