KGUN, Tucson's ABC Affiliate, is looking for a Digital Content Producer. We are looking for a passionate journalist who will create content for web, mobile and/or over-the-top (OTT) video.
- Develop, research, and/or write content for web, mobile and over-the-top (OTT) video
- Edit content to enhance coverage on all platforms; serve as additional macro-editing support
- Assist in coverage of major events to ensure high quality content is delivered to consumers
- Actively contribute to editorial meetings by offering unique ideas which represent the brand
- Collaborate with producers to ensure content is accurate and compelling
- Produces digital video as assigned
- May anchor/host content for all platforms
- Meets established deadlines
- Performs other duties as needed and directed
Education & Experience/Certifications
- BS/BA in journalism, communication or related field preferred
- 1 - 2 years content and/or production experience preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Sound editorial judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (AP style)
- Professional contributor with ability to work with a team
- May be responsible for entire projects or functions where general guidance and training of less experienced professional and/or support personnel are needed
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to results expected
- Mastery of the theories and applications of professional journalism
- Exceptional command of the English language
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organization
- A moderate level of mobility is required in expediting work flow processes and procedures
- Must be physically able to sit at a workstation and maintain productivity for upwards of eight (8) hours on occasion and adapt to shift work
- A relatively high degree of mental acuity and social skills are necessary to successfully interact with coworkers, newsroom supervisors, and the general public, often under time-sensitive conditions
- Overnight, weekend, holiday and overtime work may be required
- Travel rarely required
- Schedule may vary and/or is subject to change
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE:
SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio, and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including "Pickler & Ben," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
If interested in this opportunity, please apply online at http://scripps.com/careers.
Candidates offered a position of employment must successfully pass a drug and background screen.