Holmes Structures is a California structural engineering firm, with offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco. We are part of the New Zealand based Holmes Group, with offices around the Pacific Rim.
Compelled by the possibilities, we are relentlessly pursuing Why – to create what is Best. We ask great questions, do great thinking, and deliver beautiful design.
Holmes pushes boundaries. We put no limits on individual potential. Basing rewards and advancement on achievements and entrepreneurship, not just seniority. This also means taking an imaginative and resourceful approach to projects, challenging established convention, and using cutting-edge technologies. If you are a person who pushes the boundaries – in your achievements, interests, and abilities – then we want you as part of our energetic and collaborative teams.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant with 2+ years experience for our San Francisco office.
- Answer telephone, screen and direct calls. Provide information to callers. Take and relay messages, as needed.
- Greet persons entering Holmes Structures and manage queries from the public and customers.
- Ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of organization. Update company calendar with staff locations.
- Update new project numbers in project management systems.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support to engineers/principals.
- Arrange and coordinate meetings, seminars, and events. Coordinate catering and event planning.
- Manage and order weekly breakfasts and grocery deliveries.
- Receive, open and sort mail and deliveries.
- File, retrieve, and archive corporate documents, project and accounting information, and reports in accordance with office policy.
- Assist in mailings for marketing, finance or general office.
- Compile materials for clients and coordinate delivery.
- Schedule appointments, maintain Holmes Structures’ calendar, and monitor reservations for company cars and equipment.
- Keep tidy and maintain the reception area, kitchen, lunch area and conference rooms.
- Maintain and retrieve documents from off-site and in-house storage.
- Assist in scanning and copying of documents and drawings.
- Keep track of office needs and order supplies when appropriate.
- Maintain organization and inventory of Holmes Structures library.
- Interface with property manager regarding building maintenance, drills.
- Assist with update/preparation of weekly engineering and drafting schedules.
- Maintain weekly/ quarterly QAQC audits
- Administer on project logs and records, maintaining spreadsheets and saving to appropriate locations.
- Schedule and maintain travel accommodations between the LA and SF area, others as needed.
- Maintain RFI & Submittals for projects when required.
- Maintain/ update formats for project specifications.
- Assist controller in updating forward workload reports for engineers and employee utilization reports.
- Assist controller with minor accounting duties (daily bank deposit).
- Create and assist engineers with project plans, log proposals in system.
- Maintain drafting staff schedules between engineers.
- Order staff/ client meeting lunches and snacks, and prep meeting rooms prior and clear after.
- Organize maintenance for all office appliances and equipment.
- Manage Board meeting minutes – attend Board meetings, assist with logistics
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- B.S. degree preferred.
- 2+ years providing administrative support.
- Knowledge of best-in-class office administrative practices and procedures.
- Verbal and writing communication skills, including listening and questioning.
- Time management skills.
- Computer software skills: Intermediate to advanced MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Problem-solving skills. Take initiative.
- Innovative – can promote new ideas with sound business potential.
- Team player: works with project team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Administrative: 2 years (Required)